Feb 11, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Andrew Smith will likely miss Butler’s next two games with an abdominal injury that he suffered against George Washington on Saturday afternoon.
Here’s the statement from the program:
Smith was inadvertently struck in the abdomen during a scramble for a loose ball in the Atlantic 10 Conference game. He continued to play, but later indicated discomfort to the Butler athletic training staff. Further examination revealed the need for medical treatment.
Losing Smith could be costly for the Bulldogs. He’s their biggest and most physical interior defender, averaging 11.4 points and 5.4 boards this season.
The Bulldogs will host Charlotte on Wednesday and pay a visit to Fordham on Saturday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)