Feb 11, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Andrew Smith will likely miss Butler’s next two games with an abdominal injury that he suffered against George Washington on Saturday afternoon.
Here’s the statement from the program:
Smith was inadvertently struck in the abdomen during a scramble for a loose ball in the Atlantic 10 Conference game. He continued to play, but later indicated discomfort to the Butler athletic training staff. Further examination revealed the need for medical treatment.
Losing Smith could be costly for the Bulldogs. He’s their biggest and most physical interior defender, averaging 11.4 points and 5.4 boards this season.
The Bulldogs will host Charlotte on Wednesday and pay a visit to Fordham on Saturday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)