Feb 11, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Andrew Smith will likely miss Butler’s next two games with an abdominal injury that he suffered against George Washington on Saturday afternoon.
Here’s the statement from the program:
Smith was inadvertently struck in the abdomen during a scramble for a loose ball in the Atlantic 10 Conference game. He continued to play, but later indicated discomfort to the Butler athletic training staff. Further examination revealed the need for medical treatment.
Losing Smith could be costly for the Bulldogs. He’s their biggest and most physical interior defender, averaging 11.4 points and 5.4 boards this season.
The Bulldogs will host Charlotte on Wednesday and pay a visit to Fordham on Saturday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)