Feb 11, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Andrew Smith will likely miss Butler’s next two games with an abdominal injury that he suffered against George Washington on Saturday afternoon.
Here’s the statement from the program:
Smith was inadvertently struck in the abdomen during a scramble for a loose ball in the Atlantic 10 Conference game. He continued to play, but later indicated discomfort to the Butler athletic training staff. Further examination revealed the need for medical treatment.
Losing Smith could be costly for the Bulldogs. He’s their biggest and most physical interior defender, averaging 11.4 points and 5.4 boards this season.
The Bulldogs will host Charlotte on Wednesday and pay a visit to Fordham on Saturday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)