Feb 12, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
Miami basketball fans got a bit of a scare last night when Michelle Kaufman, who writes for the Miami Herald, tweeted out the following bit of news:
— Michelle Kaufman (@kaufsports) February 12, 2013
A serious injury to Kadji would be devastating news for the Hurricanes, as the 6-foot-10 senior’s versatility and three-point range is a key to Miami’s offensive attack. He spreads the floor, he creates driving lanes for Shane Larkin and he makes space for Reggie Johnson and Julian Gamble in the post.
Given that the Hurricanes are having their best season in school history, climbing into the top three of the AP poll and earning a No. 1 seed in our latest bracket, a major injury to a key player would just be cruel.
Things don’t appear to be too serious, however. The Palm Beach Post buried this nugget in a blog post about Kadji’s time at Florida:
Larranaga said Monday night that Kadji “tweaked” his shoulder during Monday’s practice, but a source said Kadji is expected to play on Wednesday against FSU.
We’ll update this post is Miami makes an official announcement, but for now ‘Canes fans can probably step away from the ledge.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)