Feb 12, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
Miami basketball fans got a bit of a scare last night when Michelle Kaufman, who writes for the Miami Herald, tweeted out the following bit of news:
— Michelle Kaufman (@kaufsports) February 12, 2013
A serious injury to Kadji would be devastating news for the Hurricanes, as the 6-foot-10 senior’s versatility and three-point range is a key to Miami’s offensive attack. He spreads the floor, he creates driving lanes for Shane Larkin and he makes space for Reggie Johnson and Julian Gamble in the post.
Given that the Hurricanes are having their best season in school history, climbing into the top three of the AP poll and earning a No. 1 seed in our latest bracket, a major injury to a key player would just be cruel.
Things don’t appear to be too serious, however. The Palm Beach Post buried this nugget in a blog post about Kadji’s time at Florida:
Larranaga said Monday night that Kadji “tweaked” his shoulder during Monday’s practice, but a source said Kadji is expected to play on Wednesday against FSU.
We’ll update this post is Miami makes an official announcement, but for now ‘Canes fans can probably step away from the ledge.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)