Feb 12, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
Miami basketball fans got a bit of a scare last night when Michelle Kaufman, who writes for the Miami Herald, tweeted out the following bit of news:
— Michelle Kaufman (@kaufsports) February 12, 2013
A serious injury to Kadji would be devastating news for the Hurricanes, as the 6-foot-10 senior’s versatility and three-point range is a key to Miami’s offensive attack. He spreads the floor, he creates driving lanes for Shane Larkin and he makes space for Reggie Johnson and Julian Gamble in the post.
Given that the Hurricanes are having their best season in school history, climbing into the top three of the AP poll and earning a No. 1 seed in our latest bracket, a major injury to a key player would just be cruel.
Things don’t appear to be too serious, however. The Palm Beach Post buried this nugget in a blog post about Kadji’s time at Florida:
Larranaga said Monday night that Kadji “tweaked” his shoulder during Monday’s practice, but a source said Kadji is expected to play on Wednesday against FSU.
We’ll update this post is Miami makes an official announcement, but for now ‘Canes fans can probably step away from the ledge.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)