Feb 12, 2013, 11:54 AM EST
Miami basketball fans got a bit of a scare last night when Michelle Kaufman, who writes for the Miami Herald, tweeted out the following bit of news:
— Michelle Kaufman (@kaufsports) February 12, 2013
A serious injury to Kadji would be devastating news for the Hurricanes, as the 6-foot-10 senior’s versatility and three-point range is a key to Miami’s offensive attack. He spreads the floor, he creates driving lanes for Shane Larkin and he makes space for Reggie Johnson and Julian Gamble in the post.
Given that the Hurricanes are having their best season in school history, climbing into the top three of the AP poll and earning a No. 1 seed in our latest bracket, a major injury to a key player would just be cruel.
Things don’t appear to be too serious, however. The Palm Beach Post buried this nugget in a blog post about Kadji’s time at Florida:
Larranaga said Monday night that Kadji “tweaked” his shoulder during Monday’s practice, but a source said Kadji is expected to play on Wednesday against FSU.
We’ll update this post is Miami makes an official announcement, but for now ‘Canes fans can probably step away from the ledge.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)