Feb 12, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
Miami basketball fans got a bit of a scare last night when Michelle Kaufman, who writes for the Miami Herald, tweeted out the following bit of news:
— Michelle Kaufman (@kaufsports) February 12, 2013
A serious injury to Kadji would be devastating news for the Hurricanes, as the 6-foot-10 senior’s versatility and three-point range is a key to Miami’s offensive attack. He spreads the floor, he creates driving lanes for Shane Larkin and he makes space for Reggie Johnson and Julian Gamble in the post.
Given that the Hurricanes are having their best season in school history, climbing into the top three of the AP poll and earning a No. 1 seed in our latest bracket, a major injury to a key player would just be cruel.
Things don’t appear to be too serious, however. The Palm Beach Post buried this nugget in a blog post about Kadji’s time at Florida:
Larranaga said Monday night that Kadji “tweaked” his shoulder during Monday’s practice, but a source said Kadji is expected to play on Wednesday against FSU.
We’ll update this post is Miami makes an official announcement, but for now ‘Canes fans can probably step away from the ledge.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)