Feb 13, 2013, 6:21 PM EST
UMass Lowell will join the ranks of Division I in all sports beginning in the 2013-14 school year, the Lowell Sun is reporting.
According to the report, the school will announce its intent to become a member of the America East in a press conference Thursday. The America East recently lost Boston University to the Patriot League, beginning at the start of the 2013-14 season.
As for the men’s basketball program, the River Hawks traveled to Connecticut at the beginning of this season for an exhibition against coach Kevin Ollie and the Huskies, which ended in a 100-62 defeat. The men’s basketball team is currently 13-8 on the season and led by junior Akeem Williams, who is averaging 19.1 points per game on the season.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)