Feb 13, 2013, 6:21 PM EST
UMass Lowell will join the ranks of Division I in all sports beginning in the 2013-14 school year, the Lowell Sun is reporting.
According to the report, the school will announce its intent to become a member of the America East in a press conference Thursday. The America East recently lost Boston University to the Patriot League, beginning at the start of the 2013-14 season.
As for the men’s basketball program, the River Hawks traveled to Connecticut at the beginning of this season for an exhibition against coach Kevin Ollie and the Huskies, which ended in a 100-62 defeat. The men’s basketball team is currently 13-8 on the season and led by junior Akeem Williams, who is averaging 19.1 points per game on the season.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 4
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)