Feb 13, 2013, 6:21 PM EST
UMass Lowell will join the ranks of Division I in all sports beginning in the 2013-14 school year, the Lowell Sun is reporting.
According to the report, the school will announce its intent to become a member of the America East in a press conference Thursday. The America East recently lost Boston University to the Patriot League, beginning at the start of the 2013-14 season.
As for the men’s basketball program, the River Hawks traveled to Connecticut at the beginning of this season for an exhibition against coach Kevin Ollie and the Huskies, which ended in a 100-62 defeat. The men’s basketball team is currently 13-8 on the season and led by junior Akeem Williams, who is averaging 19.1 points per game on the season.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)