Feb 14, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
So recently, if you haven’t figured it out, hitting half-court shots at college basketball games has become a thing.
It happened in Hinkle Field House. It happened at Seattle University. Notre Dame. And a few other spots.
Go ahead and add Auburn to the list. This kid hit a half-court shot in the Golden Flake (really awesome potato chips, by the way) Tuition Shootout to win $5,000 of his college experience paid for.
Not bad for a heave in a game the Tigers would eventually lose to Arkansas.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/1vcpgDqG2M8″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
The kid hits the first two shots easy, then, got to give him credit here, he misses his first two three-point attempts before sinking the third and hits a running leaper for the half-court glory.
Kind of makes me wish I could get a half-court shot for something soon. Everyone’s doing it.
So if everyone starts to make them, will schools start going back to three-quarter-court shots?
Follow David on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)