Feb 14, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
So recently, if you haven’t figured it out, hitting half-court shots at college basketball games has become a thing.
It happened in Hinkle Field House. It happened at Seattle University. Notre Dame. And a few other spots.
Go ahead and add Auburn to the list. This kid hit a half-court shot in the Golden Flake (really awesome potato chips, by the way) Tuition Shootout to win $5,000 of his college experience paid for.
Not bad for a heave in a game the Tigers would eventually lose to Arkansas.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/1vcpgDqG2M8″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
The kid hits the first two shots easy, then, got to give him credit here, he misses his first two three-point attempts before sinking the third and hits a running leaper for the half-court glory.
Kind of makes me wish I could get a half-court shot for something soon. Everyone’s doing it.
So if everyone starts to make them, will schools start going back to three-quarter-court shots?
Follow David on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 5
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)