Feb 14, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
So recently, if you haven’t figured it out, hitting half-court shots at college basketball games has become a thing.
It happened in Hinkle Field House. It happened at Seattle University. Notre Dame. And a few other spots.
Go ahead and add Auburn to the list. This kid hit a half-court shot in the Golden Flake (really awesome potato chips, by the way) Tuition Shootout to win $5,000 of his college experience paid for.
Not bad for a heave in a game the Tigers would eventually lose to Arkansas.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/1vcpgDqG2M8″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
The kid hits the first two shots easy, then, got to give him credit here, he misses his first two three-point attempts before sinking the third and hits a running leaper for the half-court glory.
Kind of makes me wish I could get a half-court shot for something soon. Everyone’s doing it.
So if everyone starts to make them, will schools start going back to three-quarter-court shots?
Follow David on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)