Feb 14, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
So recently, if you haven’t figured it out, hitting half-court shots at college basketball games has become a thing.
It happened in Hinkle Field House. It happened at Seattle University. Notre Dame. And a few other spots.
Go ahead and add Auburn to the list. This kid hit a half-court shot in the Golden Flake (really awesome potato chips, by the way) Tuition Shootout to win $5,000 of his college experience paid for.
Not bad for a heave in a game the Tigers would eventually lose to Arkansas.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/1vcpgDqG2M8″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
The kid hits the first two shots easy, then, got to give him credit here, he misses his first two three-point attempts before sinking the third and hits a running leaper for the half-court glory.
Kind of makes me wish I could get a half-court shot for something soon. Everyone’s doing it.
So if everyone starts to make them, will schools start going back to three-quarter-court shots?
Follow David on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 0
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 2
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)
- Late Night Snacks: UConn and Florida go down to the wire (2)