Feb 14, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
So recently, if you haven’t figured it out, hitting half-court shots at college basketball games has become a thing.
It happened in Hinkle Field House. It happened at Seattle University. Notre Dame. And a few other spots.
Go ahead and add Auburn to the list. This kid hit a half-court shot in the Golden Flake (really awesome potato chips, by the way) Tuition Shootout to win $5,000 of his college experience paid for.
Not bad for a heave in a game the Tigers would eventually lose to Arkansas.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/1vcpgDqG2M8″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
The kid hits the first two shots easy, then, got to give him credit here, he misses his first two three-point attempts before sinking the third and hits a running leaper for the half-court glory.
Kind of makes me wish I could get a half-court shot for something soon. Everyone’s doing it.
So if everyone starts to make them, will schools start going back to three-quarter-court shots?
Follow David on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)