Feb 14, 2013, 8:18 PM EDT
On the “Dan Patrick Show” this morning Dan Patrick discussed the knee injury suffered by Kentucky freshman center Nerlens Noel, touching on both his questions regarding how long the recovery process will take and the NBA’s age limit rule.
“What Adrian Peterson did is create false hope,” said Patrick of the NFL MVP, who finished the 2012 season just eight yards short of Eric Dickerson’s record for rushing yards in a season after suffering a major knee injury at the end of the 2011 season.
In regards to the age limit, Patrick asked why Noel’s injury became the impetus for people to question the NBA’s rule that a player must be 19 years of age and one year removed from high school.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)