Feb 14, 2013, 8:18 PM EST
On the “Dan Patrick Show” this morning Dan Patrick discussed the knee injury suffered by Kentucky freshman center Nerlens Noel, touching on both his questions regarding how long the recovery process will take and the NBA’s age limit rule.
“What Adrian Peterson did is create false hope,” said Patrick of the NFL MVP, who finished the 2012 season just eight yards short of Eric Dickerson’s record for rushing yards in a season after suffering a major knee injury at the end of the 2011 season.
In regards to the age limit, Patrick asked why Noel’s injury became the impetus for people to question the NBA’s rule that a player must be 19 years of age and one year removed from high school.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)