Feb 14, 2013, 8:18 PM EDT
On the “Dan Patrick Show” this morning Dan Patrick discussed the knee injury suffered by Kentucky freshman center Nerlens Noel, touching on both his questions regarding how long the recovery process will take and the NBA’s age limit rule.
“What Adrian Peterson did is create false hope,” said Patrick of the NFL MVP, who finished the 2012 season just eight yards short of Eric Dickerson’s record for rushing yards in a season after suffering a major knee injury at the end of the 2011 season.
In regards to the age limit, Patrick asked why Noel’s injury became the impetus for people to question the NBA’s rule that a player must be 19 years of age and one year removed from high school.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Ron Baker was the best college player for Team USA at Pan-Am Games (2)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)