Feb 14, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
The rosters for the 2013 McDonald’s s All-American Games were released on Thursday afternoon.
To be honest, as most of the time, there were very few surprises. Five Kentucky recruits or signees made the team, a record for a single school.
The scary part? Or, if you’re a #BBN fan, the fun part, all four are on the West roster: Aaron and Andrew Harrison, James Young and Marcus Lee, with Dakari Johnson being the lone future Cat on the East. John Calipari may not be done, with Andrew Wiggins still to decide, along with Aaron Gordon.
The Kentucky Five highlight the game along with Gordon, Wiggins and Jabari Parker on the roster of 24 players set to take on one another at the United Center in Chicago.
This proves just how loaded Kentucky will be next year and also, I think showcases how a lot of other programs are catching up with the big boy teams in recruiting. UTEP, California, Washington, LSU and Arkansas have had solid, but not banner classes in recent years, but for them to place a recruit/signee on the roster says something about their program. Especially since a few of those teams aren’t expected to make the NCAA Tournament this season.
The rosters look like this (alphabetical order):
Players High/Prep School College
Anthony Barber Hampton Prep North Carolina State
Keith Frazier Kimball Undecided
Isaiah Hicks J. F. Webb School North Carolina
Kasey Hill Montverde Acad. Florida
Demetrius Jackson Marian H.S. Notre Dame
Ronde Jefferson Chester H.S. Arizona
Dakari Johnson Montverde Acad. Kentucky
Kennedy Meeks West Charlotte H.S. North Carolina
Wayne Seldon Tilton School Kansas
Noah Vonleh New Hampton Indiana
Chris Walker Holmes Co. Florida
Andrew Wiggins Huntington Prep Undecided
Jabari Bird Salesian H.S. California
Aaron Gordon Archbishop Mitty Undecided
Isaac Hamilton John Bosco Prep UTEP
Aaron Harrison Travis H.S. Kentucky
Andrew Harrison Travis H.S. Kentucky
Matt Jones DeSoto H.S. Duke
Marcus Lee Deer Valley Kentucky
Jarrell Martin Madison H.S. LSU
Jabari Parker Simeon Acad. Duke
Bobby Portis Hall H.S. Arkansas
Nigel Williams-Goss Findlay Prep Washington
James Young Rochester H.S. Kentucky
Follow David on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming