Feb 14, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Elston Turner has made a few teams’ lives miserable this season, going for 40 at Kentucky in a win at Rupp Arena, and then putting up a Reed Arena record 37 against Ole Miss on Wednesday night.
So what do you do when a player from your program goes for 37 against a possible NCAA Tournament team? Why, you make a video and set it to the YouTube meme favorite “Harlem Shake” song.
In fact, I guess we can say it’s a Harlem Shake video, right? It’s slow motion and slow in general to start, then the beat drops and Turner starts getting buckets. That’s essentially the basketball version of the Harlem Shake videos.
I’m not normally a fan of these Internet memes for very long. But as long as these Harlem Shake videos stay somewhat individualized — sure, they all have the same premise, but the costumes and dances make them unique — I’m down.
But hey, if you’re going to preserve a performance like the one Turner had, why not make it modern. Good show, Aggies.
Oh and Ole Miss, if you want to keep a scorer from dropping 37 on you, put a better defender on them than Marshall Henderson.
Follow David on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- Bubble Banter: Who will earn a bid to the Big Dance on Thursday? 0
- Bracketology: It’s Moving Day for March Madness 1
- Bubble Banter: Did Georgetown’s bubble just burst? 0
- 2014 Big Ten Tournament Preview: Can Michigan State turn things around? 0
- Bracketology: Gonzaga grabs WCC title, BYU waits 0
- 2014 Pac-12 Tournament Preview: No. 4 Arizona looks to cap dominant campaign 1
- 2014 Mountain West Tournament Preview: San Diego State, New Mexico clear favorites in Las Vegas 0
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (5)