Feb 14, 2013, 7:10 PM EST
Elston Turner has made a few teams’ lives miserable this season, going for 40 at Kentucky in a win at Rupp Arena, and then putting up a Reed Arena record 37 against Ole Miss on Wednesday night.
So what do you do when a player from your program goes for 37 against a possible NCAA Tournament team? Why, you make a video and set it to the YouTube meme favorite “Harlem Shake” song.
In fact, I guess we can say it’s a Harlem Shake video, right? It’s slow motion and slow in general to start, then the beat drops and Turner starts getting buckets. That’s essentially the basketball version of the Harlem Shake videos.
I’m not normally a fan of these Internet memes for very long. But as long as these Harlem Shake videos stay somewhat individualized — sure, they all have the same premise, but the costumes and dances make them unique — I’m down.
But hey, if you’re going to preserve a performance like the one Turner had, why not make it modern. Good show, Aggies.
Oh and Ole Miss, if you want to keep a scorer from dropping 37 on you, put a better defender on them than Marshall Henderson.
Follow David on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 1
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)