Feb 14, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Elston Turner has made a few teams’ lives miserable this season, going for 40 at Kentucky in a win at Rupp Arena, and then putting up a Reed Arena record 37 against Ole Miss on Wednesday night.
So what do you do when a player from your program goes for 37 against a possible NCAA Tournament team? Why, you make a video and set it to the YouTube meme favorite “Harlem Shake” song.
In fact, I guess we can say it’s a Harlem Shake video, right? It’s slow motion and slow in general to start, then the beat drops and Turner starts getting buckets. That’s essentially the basketball version of the Harlem Shake videos.
I’m not normally a fan of these Internet memes for very long. But as long as these Harlem Shake videos stay somewhat individualized — sure, they all have the same premise, but the costumes and dances make them unique — I’m down.
But hey, if you’re going to preserve a performance like the one Turner had, why not make it modern. Good show, Aggies.
Oh and Ole Miss, if you want to keep a scorer from dropping 37 on you, put a better defender on them than Marshall Henderson.
Follow David on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)