Feb 14, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Elston Turner has made a few teams’ lives miserable this season, going for 40 at Kentucky in a win at Rupp Arena, and then putting up a Reed Arena record 37 against Ole Miss on Wednesday night.
So what do you do when a player from your program goes for 37 against a possible NCAA Tournament team? Why, you make a video and set it to the YouTube meme favorite “Harlem Shake” song.
In fact, I guess we can say it’s a Harlem Shake video, right? It’s slow motion and slow in general to start, then the beat drops and Turner starts getting buckets. That’s essentially the basketball version of the Harlem Shake videos.
I’m not normally a fan of these Internet memes for very long. But as long as these Harlem Shake videos stay somewhat individualized — sure, they all have the same premise, but the costumes and dances make them unique — I’m down.
But hey, if you’re going to preserve a performance like the one Turner had, why not make it modern. Good show, Aggies.
Oh and Ole Miss, if you want to keep a scorer from dropping 37 on you, put a better defender on them than Marshall Henderson.
Follow David on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)