Feb 16, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
North Carolina freshman Joel James has not been cleared to play and will be unavailable for the Tar Heels when they take on Virginia, the school announced Saturday.
James missed North Carolina’s game Wednesday against Duke, a 73-68 loss at Cameron Indoor. According to the school, he suffered a blow to the head on Feb. 5 in North Carolina’s win over Wake Forest, but did not tell team trainers of his symptoms until Monday. In the mean time, he played nine minutes in a loss to Miami.
On the year, the 6-10, 260-pound James is averaging 2.7 points and 2.9 rebounds in just over 11 minutes per game. His best game of the season came Nov. 11 against Florida Atlantic when he scored 11 points and grabbed nine rebounds.
Without James available against Duke, North Carolina went with a much smaller lineup, essentially keeping to a six-man rotation with James Michael McAdoo as the lone interior presence.
Former Illinois women’s basketball players file lawsuit against athletic director, head coach and former assistant
Jul 1, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
AD Mike Thomas stated in May that there would be an investigation into the allegations.
Jul 1, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
KD, Stephen and Russ lead the way, and two of those three weren’t even ranked coming out of high school.
Jul 1, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Cal already has two members of its 2015 class on campus, and they added another to the mix Wednesday.
Jul 1, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
He’s currently teammates with a soon-to-be Oregon Duck. Hmm …
Jul 1, 2015, 1:53 PM EDT
That makes three commitments in 24 hours for Cincinnati.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Terrence Samuel was recruited over at UConn.
Jul 1, 2015, 11:24 AM EDT
Kansas is in South Korea repping the USA in the World University Games.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Minnesota head coach Richard Pitino gave his take on the situation surrounding Jarvis Johnson.
Jul 1, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Missouri is missing sophomore forward Montaque Gill-Caesar from summer workouts.
Jun 30, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Virginia has some talented backcourt pieces committed in the 2016 class.
Jun 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Kansas head coach Bill Self had the jumper going before practice in South Korea.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Cincinnati landed a big man target right before the July live period.
Jun 30, 2015, 7:03 PM EDT
Shaka Smart landed the brother of a recent NBA draft pick.
Jun 30, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Should I mention he throws the ball off the backboard to himself?
Jun 30, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
One of the best passers in the Class of 2016, Howard Washington, committed to Butler on Tuesday.
Jun 30, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Rick Barnes spoke publicly for the first time about accusations levied against Texas.
Jun 30, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
A very weak class has some decent guards.
Jun 30, 2015, 1:48 PM EDT
Sindarius Thornwell and TeMarcus Blanton both underwent surgery this offseason.
Jun 30, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Harry Giles and Jayson Tatum led the way for the Americans.
Jun 30, 2015, 11:26 AM EDT
Cal’s name seems to always pop up in the NBA.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)