Feb 17, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
Another short chapter in the sensational story of Marshall Henderson was written Saturday night and all it took was one quote. Literally.
After Henderson scored 25 points in an 84-74 overtime win over Georgia Saturday night, he had just one line for the media in attendance. The scene was short and it was simple. Nick Birdsong recounted it for AL.com:
“If it’s all the same,” Henderson said. “It’s Saturday night. I’m out.”
Then, he proceeded to evacuate the premises at Tad Smith Coliseum.
And that was that. The man had a place to be, and you can’t blame him. He’s the biggest man on campus and it was Saturday night. He had just helped lead his team to an overtime win and I’m sure he had an economics book to dig into, right? Can’t stick around to talk to the media when readings on monetary policy await you.
All jokes aside, the foundation of the Henderson persona has been built and now continues to grow. There was the timeless GIF of him taunting the Auburn student section. He also figured he’d let the world know that he thinks Ole Miss could beat Tennessee “10 out of 10 times“.
And it just keeps getting better.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)