Feb 17, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
Another short chapter in the sensational story of Marshall Henderson was written Saturday night and all it took was one quote. Literally.
After Henderson scored 25 points in an 84-74 overtime win over Georgia Saturday night, he had just one line for the media in attendance. The scene was short and it was simple. Nick Birdsong recounted it for AL.com:
“If it’s all the same,” Henderson said. “It’s Saturday night. I’m out.”
Then, he proceeded to evacuate the premises at Tad Smith Coliseum.
And that was that. The man had a place to be, and you can’t blame him. He’s the biggest man on campus and it was Saturday night. He had just helped lead his team to an overtime win and I’m sure he had an economics book to dig into, right? Can’t stick around to talk to the media when readings on monetary policy await you.
All jokes aside, the foundation of the Henderson persona has been built and now continues to grow. There was the timeless GIF of him taunting the Auburn student section. He also figured he’d let the world know that he thinks Ole Miss could beat Tennessee “10 out of 10 times“.
And it just keeps getting better.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)