Feb 17, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
Another short chapter in the sensational story of Marshall Henderson was written Saturday night and all it took was one quote. Literally.
After Henderson scored 25 points in an 84-74 overtime win over Georgia Saturday night, he had just one line for the media in attendance. The scene was short and it was simple. Nick Birdsong recounted it for AL.com:
“If it’s all the same,” Henderson said. “It’s Saturday night. I’m out.”
Then, he proceeded to evacuate the premises at Tad Smith Coliseum.
And that was that. The man had a place to be, and you can’t blame him. He’s the biggest man on campus and it was Saturday night. He had just helped lead his team to an overtime win and I’m sure he had an economics book to dig into, right? Can’t stick around to talk to the media when readings on monetary policy await you.
All jokes aside, the foundation of the Henderson persona has been built and now continues to grow. There was the timeless GIF of him taunting the Auburn student section. He also figured he’d let the world know that he thinks Ole Miss could beat Tennessee “10 out of 10 times“.
And it just keeps getting better.
May 28, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
Fred Hoiberg’s status has impacted recruiting in multiple cases for Iowa State this spring.
May 28, 2015, 7:43 PM EDT
Big 12 tournaments held at the Sprint Center have averaged more than 18,000 fans per session.
May 28, 2015, 6:41 PM EDT
Each team will have three “permanent” opponents they’re guaranteed to play twice every season.
May 28, 2015, 5:46 PM EDT
Video surfaced showing that Alie-Cox wasn’t involved in the incident, contradicting a woman’s claim that he punched her in the face.
May 28, 2015, 4:04 PM EDT
UConn’s now added three transfers to the program this spring, two of whom will be eligible immediately as graduate students.
May 28, 2015, 3:24 PM EDT
Foster led Clemson to their only Elite 8 appearance in program history.
May 28, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
Paige went to high school an hour from UNI’s campus.
May 28, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Iowa State fans shouldn’t freak out too much.
May 28, 2015, 12:24 PM EDT
Dellavedova was a star with the Gaels before he became this year’s NBA Playoff star.
May 28, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Byers created the term “student-athlete” and first sold TV rights for NCAA broadcasts, but later wrote a book blasting the NCAA for exploiting athletes.
May 28, 2015, 9:52 AM EDT
This is a step in the right direction by the Big 12.
May 27, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
It’s safe to say that Sherman is no fan of the NCAA.
May 27, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
The shot clock won’t have as much of an impact on offenses as lessening the physicality of the game.
May 27, 2015, 7:31 PM EDT
The 6-foot-11 center was originally expected to attend prep school before joining Memphis in 2016.
May 27, 2015, 5:38 PM EDT
The 6-foot-6 southpaw showed off his arm, and was accurate in doing so.
May 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Matthews is the recruit everyone forgets about.
May 27, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
That numbers is half what it was in 2015.
May 27, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Self and his wife created the Assists Foundation.
May 27, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
Reed broke a cop’s finger while resisting a shoplifting arrest.
May 27, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Miles is 47-49 in three years with Nebraska.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)