Feb 17, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
Another short chapter in the sensational story of Marshall Henderson was written Saturday night and all it took was one quote. Literally.
After Henderson scored 25 points in an 84-74 overtime win over Georgia Saturday night, he had just one line for the media in attendance. The scene was short and it was simple. Nick Birdsong recounted it for AL.com:
“If it’s all the same,” Henderson said. “It’s Saturday night. I’m out.”
Then, he proceeded to evacuate the premises at Tad Smith Coliseum.
And that was that. The man had a place to be, and you can’t blame him. He’s the biggest man on campus and it was Saturday night. He had just helped lead his team to an overtime win and I’m sure he had an economics book to dig into, right? Can’t stick around to talk to the media when readings on monetary policy await you.
All jokes aside, the foundation of the Henderson persona has been built and now continues to grow. There was the timeless GIF of him taunting the Auburn student section. He also figured he’d let the world know that he thinks Ole Miss could beat Tennessee “10 out of 10 times“.
And it just keeps getting better.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Dayton head coach Archie Miller spurned high-major programs to remain at Atlantic 10. He’s not the only one in the league happy with where they are.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Pollard is looking to reignite his career at Houston this season.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Atlantic 10 is out to gain respect again this season from the rest of the college basketball world, a year after the league saw a record six teams selected for the NCAA tournament with one team reaching the Elite 8.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Kemba being Kemba.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The list of big men dominating college basketball this season is solid.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Bobby Cremins says that his relationships with other coaches has led to his having to recuse himself from other cases in the past.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Zach Lofton was expected to develop into a more efficient player during his year sitting out per NCAA transfer rules.
Oct 29, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Monson is four wins away from becoming Long Beach State’s winningest coach.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
Buffalo, Canisius, Niagara and St. Bonaventure will wear Buffalo Braves-inspired uniforms for their doubleheader November 29.
Oct 29, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
North Carolina’s Marcus Paige was the media pick to win ACC Player of the Year.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Toledo’s defense will be the key to their NCAA tournament bid.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
I can do that.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
Keith Thomas was expected to start for the Johnnies.
Oct 29, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The MAC is sure to be one of the more intriguing mid-major leagues during the 2014-15 season.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
How can Texas build off of last seasons surprising success?
Oct 29, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Who would you pick in first, UConn or SMU?
Oct 29, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
CBT’s rankings of the best wings in college basketball heading into the 2014-15 season.
Oct 28, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
The JuCo transfer guard is expected to have an impact in his first season in Stillwater.
Oct 28, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Syracuse big man was limited to only 12 games during the 2014-2015 season.
Oct 28, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Arguably the top point guard in the junior class, and a consensus top 10 recruit in the Class of 2016 has narrowed his list of offers to just 10.
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)