Feb 18, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Former NC State head coach Sidney Lowe was arrested on Monday as a result of a failure to pay state taxes in North Carolina in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
He faces three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file a North Caroline Individual Income Tax Return and was placed under $10,000 bond. A court appearance was scheduled for March 19.
Lowe, who is now an assistant coach with the Utah Jazz, coached the Wolfpack from 2006-2011, leading them to a series of disappointing finishes and a spot near the bottom of the ACC standings on an annual basis. He was 86-78 overall in Raleigh, and just 25-55 in the ACC. His team’s never finished better than 6-10 in league play and never found themselves higher than a tie for ninth in the league standings.
Lowe played on the NC State team that won a national title in 1983 and was coached by Jim Valvano.
(Image via WRAL)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 4
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)