Feb 18, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Former NC State head coach Sidney Lowe was arrested on Monday as a result of a failure to pay state taxes in North Carolina in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
He faces three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file a North Caroline Individual Income Tax Return and was placed under $10,000 bond. A court appearance was scheduled for March 19.
Lowe, who is now an assistant coach with the Utah Jazz, coached the Wolfpack from 2006-2011, leading them to a series of disappointing finishes and a spot near the bottom of the ACC standings on an annual basis. He was 86-78 overall in Raleigh, and just 25-55 in the ACC. His team’s never finished better than 6-10 in league play and never found themselves higher than a tie for ninth in the league standings.
Lowe played on the NC State team that won a national title in 1983 and was coached by Jim Valvano.
(Image via WRAL)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 0
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)