Feb 18, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Former NC State head coach Sidney Lowe was arrested on Monday as a result of a failure to pay state taxes in North Carolina in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
He faces three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file a North Caroline Individual Income Tax Return and was placed under $10,000 bond. A court appearance was scheduled for March 19.
Lowe, who is now an assistant coach with the Utah Jazz, coached the Wolfpack from 2006-2011, leading them to a series of disappointing finishes and a spot near the bottom of the ACC standings on an annual basis. He was 86-78 overall in Raleigh, and just 25-55 in the ACC. His team’s never finished better than 6-10 in league play and never found themselves higher than a tie for ninth in the league standings.
Lowe played on the NC State team that won a national title in 1983 and was coached by Jim Valvano.
(Image via WRAL)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)