Feb 18, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Former NC State head coach Sidney Lowe was arrested on Monday as a result of a failure to pay state taxes in North Carolina in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
He faces three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file a North Caroline Individual Income Tax Return and was placed under $10,000 bond. A court appearance was scheduled for March 19.
Lowe, who is now an assistant coach with the Utah Jazz, coached the Wolfpack from 2006-2011, leading them to a series of disappointing finishes and a spot near the bottom of the ACC standings on an annual basis. He was 86-78 overall in Raleigh, and just 25-55 in the ACC. His team’s never finished better than 6-10 in league play and never found themselves higher than a tie for ninth in the league standings.
Lowe played on the NC State team that won a national title in 1983 and was coached by Jim Valvano.
(Image via WRAL)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)