Feb 18, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Former NC State head coach Sidney Lowe was arrested on Monday as a result of a failure to pay state taxes in North Carolina in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
He faces three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file a North Caroline Individual Income Tax Return and was placed under $10,000 bond. A court appearance was scheduled for March 19.
Lowe, who is now an assistant coach with the Utah Jazz, coached the Wolfpack from 2006-2011, leading them to a series of disappointing finishes and a spot near the bottom of the ACC standings on an annual basis. He was 86-78 overall in Raleigh, and just 25-55 in the ACC. His team’s never finished better than 6-10 in league play and never found themselves higher than a tie for ninth in the league standings.
Lowe played on the NC State team that won a national title in 1983 and was coached by Jim Valvano.
(Image via WRAL)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)