Feb 18, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
The inbounds lob dunk is always a great play. The precise timing and precision passing are something that’s fun to watch, and are tough to get down to a science.
It’s even cooler when it wins a game in the final seconds.
James Madison’s Andre Nation did just that Sunday night. Putting down a lob dunk with 00.2 seconds left off an Arman Marks pass to get the win over Delaware on the road.
The play really was assisted by a defensive breakdown by the Blue Hens. Devon Saddler and Kyle Anderson (no, not that one) failed to switch on a screen on the inbounds, allowing Nation to be wide open under the basket for the dunk.
It was a great call by Dukes coach Matt Brady for the underneath screen instead of having players crash the basket, like a number of teams do. The controlled chaos was what they needed to open up space under the rim.
The win pushed James Madison to 16-12, 10-5 in the CAA. Delaware dropped to 14-13, 9-5.
The action starts at the 2:05 mark of the video.
So I guess #AndreNation will have tons to be happy about in the coming days, right? (I had to do it.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)