Feb 18, 2013, 1:21 PM EST
For the third straight week, Indiana holds on to the No. 1 spot in the AP poll.
The Hoosiers, who beat Nebraska and Purdue this week, received 43 of the 65 first place votes. Miami, who needed a three from Kenny Kadji with 17 seconds left to beat Clemson on Sunday, remained in the No. 2 spot, getting 20 first-place votes.
(CLICK HERE to see the full AP poll)
Gonzaga climbed up to No. 3 in the poll, getting two first-place votes, while Michigan State rose from No. 8 to No. 4. The Spartans were followed by Florida, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Kansas and Louisville.
Frankly, I don’t have much of an issue with there anyone is ranked this week. I do think that Ohio State’s ranking has a lot more to do with the league they play in than with how good the Buckeyes truly are. And if it were me doing the rankings, I would probably have Michigan and Kansas higher while dropping Duke and Gonzaga.
But the one thing to remember here: the great thing about college basketball is that polls don’t mean anything. At all. They have no effect on tournament seeding. They have no effect on regular season or tournament titles. It’s all for arguments sake.
So argue away. Who’s ranked too high? Too low?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent (3)