Feb 18, 2013, 1:21 PM EST
For the third straight week, Indiana holds on to the No. 1 spot in the AP poll.
The Hoosiers, who beat Nebraska and Purdue this week, received 43 of the 65 first place votes. Miami, who needed a three from Kenny Kadji with 17 seconds left to beat Clemson on Sunday, remained in the No. 2 spot, getting 20 first-place votes.
(CLICK HERE to see the full AP poll)
Gonzaga climbed up to No. 3 in the poll, getting two first-place votes, while Michigan State rose from No. 8 to No. 4. The Spartans were followed by Florida, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Kansas and Louisville.
Frankly, I don’t have much of an issue with there anyone is ranked this week. I do think that Ohio State’s ranking has a lot more to do with the league they play in than with how good the Buckeyes truly are. And if it were me doing the rankings, I would probably have Michigan and Kansas higher while dropping Duke and Gonzaga.
But the one thing to remember here: the great thing about college basketball is that polls don’t mean anything. At all. They have no effect on tournament seeding. They have no effect on regular season or tournament titles. It’s all for arguments sake.
So argue away. Who’s ranked too high? Too low?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)