Feb 18, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
For the third straight week, Indiana holds on to the No. 1 spot in the AP poll.
The Hoosiers, who beat Nebraska and Purdue this week, received 43 of the 65 first place votes. Miami, who needed a three from Kenny Kadji with 17 seconds left to beat Clemson on Sunday, remained in the No. 2 spot, getting 20 first-place votes.
(CLICK HERE to see the full AP poll)
Gonzaga climbed up to No. 3 in the poll, getting two first-place votes, while Michigan State rose from No. 8 to No. 4. The Spartans were followed by Florida, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Kansas and Louisville.
Frankly, I don’t have much of an issue with there anyone is ranked this week. I do think that Ohio State’s ranking has a lot more to do with the league they play in than with how good the Buckeyes truly are. And if it were me doing the rankings, I would probably have Michigan and Kansas higher while dropping Duke and Gonzaga.
But the one thing to remember here: the great thing about college basketball is that polls don’t mean anything. At all. They have no effect on tournament seeding. They have no effect on regular season or tournament titles. It’s all for arguments sake.
So argue away. Who’s ranked too high? Too low?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)