Feb 18, 2013, 1:21 PM EST
For the third straight week, Indiana holds on to the No. 1 spot in the AP poll.
The Hoosiers, who beat Nebraska and Purdue this week, received 43 of the 65 first place votes. Miami, who needed a three from Kenny Kadji with 17 seconds left to beat Clemson on Sunday, remained in the No. 2 spot, getting 20 first-place votes.
(CLICK HERE to see the full AP poll)
Gonzaga climbed up to No. 3 in the poll, getting two first-place votes, while Michigan State rose from No. 8 to No. 4. The Spartans were followed by Florida, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Kansas and Louisville.
Frankly, I don’t have much of an issue with there anyone is ranked this week. I do think that Ohio State’s ranking has a lot more to do with the league they play in than with how good the Buckeyes truly are. And if it were me doing the rankings, I would probably have Michigan and Kansas higher while dropping Duke and Gonzaga.
But the one thing to remember here: the great thing about college basketball is that polls don’t mean anything. At all. They have no effect on tournament seeding. They have no effect on regular season or tournament titles. It’s all for arguments sake.
So argue away. Who’s ranked too high? Too low?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)