Feb 18, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
For the third straight week, Indiana holds on to the No. 1 spot in the AP poll.
The Hoosiers, who beat Nebraska and Purdue this week, received 43 of the 65 first place votes. Miami, who needed a three from Kenny Kadji with 17 seconds left to beat Clemson on Sunday, remained in the No. 2 spot, getting 20 first-place votes.
(CLICK HERE to see the full AP poll)
Gonzaga climbed up to No. 3 in the poll, getting two first-place votes, while Michigan State rose from No. 8 to No. 4. The Spartans were followed by Florida, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Kansas and Louisville.
Frankly, I don’t have much of an issue with there anyone is ranked this week. I do think that Ohio State’s ranking has a lot more to do with the league they play in than with how good the Buckeyes truly are. And if it were me doing the rankings, I would probably have Michigan and Kansas higher while dropping Duke and Gonzaga.
But the one thing to remember here: the great thing about college basketball is that polls don’t mean anything. At all. They have no effect on tournament seeding. They have no effect on regular season or tournament titles. It’s all for arguments sake.
So argue away. Who’s ranked too high? Too low?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)