Feb 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Pe’Shon Howard has been reinstated by head coach Mark Turgeon.
The junior point guard missed Saturday’s upset win over No. 2 Duke after being suspended for a violation of team rules. In his absence, Maryland committed 26 turnovers — including eight from freshman Seth Allen, who filled in for Howard at the point — but still managed to pull off an 83-81 win.
Turgeon initially said that Howard may miss up to three games.
Howard’s play has been up-and-down this season, and it’s unclear just how effective he’ll be when he’s inserted back into the lineup. Allen may have committed eight turnovers, but he scored 16 points as well.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)