Feb 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Pe’Shon Howard has been reinstated by head coach Mark Turgeon.
The junior point guard missed Saturday’s upset win over No. 2 Duke after being suspended for a violation of team rules. In his absence, Maryland committed 26 turnovers — including eight from freshman Seth Allen, who filled in for Howard at the point — but still managed to pull off an 83-81 win.
Turgeon initially said that Howard may miss up to three games.
Howard’s play has been up-and-down this season, and it’s unclear just how effective he’ll be when he’s inserted back into the lineup. Allen may have committed eight turnovers, but he scored 16 points as well.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)