Feb 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Pe’Shon Howard has been reinstated by head coach Mark Turgeon.
The junior point guard missed Saturday’s upset win over No. 2 Duke after being suspended for a violation of team rules. In his absence, Maryland committed 26 turnovers — including eight from freshman Seth Allen, who filled in for Howard at the point — but still managed to pull off an 83-81 win.
Turgeon initially said that Howard may miss up to three games.
Howard’s play has been up-and-down this season, and it’s unclear just how effective he’ll be when he’s inserted back into the lineup. Allen may have committed eight turnovers, but he scored 16 points as well.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- New Mexico’s Craig Neal cuts hair for ‘Locks of Love’ (VIDEO) 0
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)