Feb 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Pe’Shon Howard has been reinstated by head coach Mark Turgeon.
The junior point guard missed Saturday’s upset win over No. 2 Duke after being suspended for a violation of team rules. In his absence, Maryland committed 26 turnovers — including eight from freshman Seth Allen, who filled in for Howard at the point — but still managed to pull off an 83-81 win.
Turgeon initially said that Howard may miss up to three games.
Howard’s play has been up-and-down this season, and it’s unclear just how effective he’ll be when he’s inserted back into the lineup. Allen may have committed eight turnovers, but he scored 16 points as well.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)