Feb 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Pe’Shon Howard has been reinstated by head coach Mark Turgeon.
The junior point guard missed Saturday’s upset win over No. 2 Duke after being suspended for a violation of team rules. In his absence, Maryland committed 26 turnovers — including eight from freshman Seth Allen, who filled in for Howard at the point — but still managed to pull off an 83-81 win.
Turgeon initially said that Howard may miss up to three games.
Howard’s play has been up-and-down this season, and it’s unclear just how effective he’ll be when he’s inserted back into the lineup. Allen may have committed eight turnovers, but he scored 16 points as well.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)