Feb 18, 2013, 12:43 PM EDT
According to a report from Yahoo! Sports, Julie Roe Lach, the NCAA’s Vice President of Enforcement and Mart Emmert’s hand-picked choice for the position, has been fired as a result of her role in the improper conduct that occurred during the investigation into Nevin Shapiro’s associated with Miami:
According to three sources interviewed as part of the investigation, Roe Lach approved reimbursements for Elena Perez, who conducted bankruptcy depositions of two individuals tied to the Miami investigation – former Miami equipment manager Sean Allen, and former NFL agent Michael Huyghue.
There will be a teleconference at 2:00 p.m. ET regarding the findings of the NCAA’s investigation into their Miami investigation. A report is expected to be released today.
Here’s a profile on Roe Lach from the New York Times from December, 2011.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0