Feb 18, 2013, 12:43 PM EDT
According to a report from Yahoo! Sports, Julie Roe Lach, the NCAA’s Vice President of Enforcement and Mart Emmert’s hand-picked choice for the position, has been fired as a result of her role in the improper conduct that occurred during the investigation into Nevin Shapiro’s associated with Miami:
According to three sources interviewed as part of the investigation, Roe Lach approved reimbursements for Elena Perez, who conducted bankruptcy depositions of two individuals tied to the Miami investigation – former Miami equipment manager Sean Allen, and former NFL agent Michael Huyghue.
There will be a teleconference at 2:00 p.m. ET regarding the findings of the NCAA’s investigation into their Miami investigation. A report is expected to be released today.
Here’s a profile on Roe Lach from the New York Times from December, 2011.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)