Feb 18, 2013, 12:43 PM EST
According to a report from Yahoo! Sports, Julie Roe Lach, the NCAA’s Vice President of Enforcement and Mart Emmert’s hand-picked choice for the position, has been fired as a result of her role in the improper conduct that occurred during the investigation into Nevin Shapiro’s associated with Miami:
According to three sources interviewed as part of the investigation, Roe Lach approved reimbursements for Elena Perez, who conducted bankruptcy depositions of two individuals tied to the Miami investigation – former Miami equipment manager Sean Allen, and former NFL agent Michael Huyghue.
There will be a teleconference at 2:00 p.m. ET regarding the findings of the NCAA’s investigation into their Miami investigation. A report is expected to be released today.
Here’s a profile on Roe Lach from the New York Times from December, 2011.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 3
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)