Feb 18, 2013, 12:43 PM EDT
According to a report from Yahoo! Sports, Julie Roe Lach, the NCAA’s Vice President of Enforcement and Mart Emmert’s hand-picked choice for the position, has been fired as a result of her role in the improper conduct that occurred during the investigation into Nevin Shapiro’s associated with Miami:
According to three sources interviewed as part of the investigation, Roe Lach approved reimbursements for Elena Perez, who conducted bankruptcy depositions of two individuals tied to the Miami investigation – former Miami equipment manager Sean Allen, and former NFL agent Michael Huyghue.
There will be a teleconference at 2:00 p.m. ET regarding the findings of the NCAA’s investigation into their Miami investigation. A report is expected to be released today.
Here’s a profile on Roe Lach from the New York Times from December, 2011.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1