Feb 18, 2013, 1:37 PM EST
Victor Oladipo left Saturday’s game with Purdue with a left ankle injury, calling into question his availability for Tuesday night’s classic against Michigan State.
But according to Indiana head coach Tom Crean, Oladipo should be ready to go.
“We practiced some yesterday, and he went through that,” Crean said. “I don’t anticipate he won’t be ready to go tomorrow night.”
Oladipo has been a revelation this season. He’s averaging 13.8 points, 5.8 boards and 2.3 steals while shooting 63.9% from the floor and 52.4% from three, but Oladipo has had a penchant for playing his best basketball in the biggest games. He had 26 points in Indiana’s dismantling of Ohio State. He went for 21 in a win over Michigan State earlier this year.
He also happens to be Indiana’s best on-ball defender, which will come in handy with the way that Keith Appling and Gary Harris have played of late.
With the Big Ten regular season title looking like it will come down to a race between IU and MSU, Oladipo’s presence will be that much more important for the Hoosiers.
And for us.
Because that makes Tuesday’s game just that much better.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)