Feb 18, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Victor Oladipo left Saturday’s game with Purdue with a left ankle injury, calling into question his availability for Tuesday night’s classic against Michigan State.
But according to Indiana head coach Tom Crean, Oladipo should be ready to go.
“We practiced some yesterday, and he went through that,” Crean said. “I don’t anticipate he won’t be ready to go tomorrow night.”
Oladipo has been a revelation this season. He’s averaging 13.8 points, 5.8 boards and 2.3 steals while shooting 63.9% from the floor and 52.4% from three, but Oladipo has had a penchant for playing his best basketball in the biggest games. He had 26 points in Indiana’s dismantling of Ohio State. He went for 21 in a win over Michigan State earlier this year.
He also happens to be Indiana’s best on-ball defender, which will come in handy with the way that Keith Appling and Gary Harris have played of late.
With the Big Ten regular season title looking like it will come down to a race between IU and MSU, Oladipo’s presence will be that much more important for the Hoosiers.
And for us.
Because that makes Tuesday’s game just that much better.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)