Feb 18, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Victor Oladipo left Saturday’s game with Purdue with a left ankle injury, calling into question his availability for Tuesday night’s classic against Michigan State.
But according to Indiana head coach Tom Crean, Oladipo should be ready to go.
“We practiced some yesterday, and he went through that,” Crean said. “I don’t anticipate he won’t be ready to go tomorrow night.”
Oladipo has been a revelation this season. He’s averaging 13.8 points, 5.8 boards and 2.3 steals while shooting 63.9% from the floor and 52.4% from three, but Oladipo has had a penchant for playing his best basketball in the biggest games. He had 26 points in Indiana’s dismantling of Ohio State. He went for 21 in a win over Michigan State earlier this year.
He also happens to be Indiana’s best on-ball defender, which will come in handy with the way that Keith Appling and Gary Harris have played of late.
With the Big Ten regular season title looking like it will come down to a race between IU and MSU, Oladipo’s presence will be that much more important for the Hoosiers.
And for us.
Because that makes Tuesday’s game just that much better.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)