Feb 18, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Victor Oladipo left Saturday’s game with Purdue with a left ankle injury, calling into question his availability for Tuesday night’s classic against Michigan State.
But according to Indiana head coach Tom Crean, Oladipo should be ready to go.
“We practiced some yesterday, and he went through that,” Crean said. “I don’t anticipate he won’t be ready to go tomorrow night.”
Oladipo has been a revelation this season. He’s averaging 13.8 points, 5.8 boards and 2.3 steals while shooting 63.9% from the floor and 52.4% from three, but Oladipo has had a penchant for playing his best basketball in the biggest games. He had 26 points in Indiana’s dismantling of Ohio State. He went for 21 in a win over Michigan State earlier this year.
He also happens to be Indiana’s best on-ball defender, which will come in handy with the way that Keith Appling and Gary Harris have played of late.
With the Big Ten regular season title looking like it will come down to a race between IU and MSU, Oladipo’s presence will be that much more important for the Hoosiers.
And for us.
Because that makes Tuesday’s game just that much better.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)