Feb 18, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Victor Oladipo left Saturday’s game with Purdue with a left ankle injury, calling into question his availability for Tuesday night’s classic against Michigan State.
But according to Indiana head coach Tom Crean, Oladipo should be ready to go.
“We practiced some yesterday, and he went through that,” Crean said. “I don’t anticipate he won’t be ready to go tomorrow night.”
Oladipo has been a revelation this season. He’s averaging 13.8 points, 5.8 boards and 2.3 steals while shooting 63.9% from the floor and 52.4% from three, but Oladipo has had a penchant for playing his best basketball in the biggest games. He had 26 points in Indiana’s dismantling of Ohio State. He went for 21 in a win over Michigan State earlier this year.
He also happens to be Indiana’s best on-ball defender, which will come in handy with the way that Keith Appling and Gary Harris have played of late.
With the Big Ten regular season title looking like it will come down to a race between IU and MSU, Oladipo’s presence will be that much more important for the Hoosiers.
And for us.
Because that makes Tuesday’s game just that much better.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)