Feb 19, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Wade Collie, a junior guard at Southern Utah, has been arrested on drug charges.
According to the AP, Collie was arrested shortly after midnight on Sunday for charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession with intent to distribute.
He Vegas native posted $10,000 bond on Sunday.
Collie was averaging 7.0 points and 3.6 boards for SUU this season, but had been dealing with knee issues of late. SUU is one of a slew of teams battling for third place in the Big Sky behind Montana and Weber State. The Thunderbirds have lost three straight.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Indiana head coach Tom Crean laments team’s lack of leadership (1)
- Former Butler forward Andrew Smith fighting cancer for second time (1)