Feb 19, 2013, 5:34 PM EST
The Syracuse athletic department announced Tuesday that tickets are sold out for Saturday’s men’s basketball game against Georgetown and that a record crowd of 35,012 people are expected to be in attendance at the Carrier Dome.
It is only the second time that Syracuse has announced a sellout in advance. The other came prior to the Orange’s Feb. 27, 2010 game against Villanova, which holds the current attendance record of 34,616.
Former star Carmelo Anthony will have his jersey retired Saturday as well, and the school made accommodations to add extra seats and break the previous attendance record.
Anthony won a national championship with Syracuse in 2003 and was named Big East Rookie of the Year and the Most Outstanding Player of the 2003 NCAA Tournament.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 9
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 17
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (17)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)