Feb 19, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
The Syracuse athletic department announced Tuesday that tickets are sold out for Saturday’s men’s basketball game against Georgetown and that a record crowd of 35,012 people are expected to be in attendance at the Carrier Dome.
It is only the second time that Syracuse has announced a sellout in advance. The other came prior to the Orange’s Feb. 27, 2010 game against Villanova, which holds the current attendance record of 34,616.
Former star Carmelo Anthony will have his jersey retired Saturday as well, and the school made accommodations to add extra seats and break the previous attendance record.
Anthony won a national championship with Syracuse in 2003 and was named Big East Rookie of the Year and the Most Outstanding Player of the 2003 NCAA Tournament.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 8
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1