Feb 19, 2013, 5:34 PM EST
The Syracuse athletic department announced Tuesday that tickets are sold out for Saturday’s men’s basketball game against Georgetown and that a record crowd of 35,012 people are expected to be in attendance at the Carrier Dome.
It is only the second time that Syracuse has announced a sellout in advance. The other came prior to the Orange’s Feb. 27, 2010 game against Villanova, which holds the current attendance record of 34,616.
Former star Carmelo Anthony will have his jersey retired Saturday as well, and the school made accommodations to add extra seats and break the previous attendance record.
Anthony won a national championship with Syracuse in 2003 and was named Big East Rookie of the Year and the Most Outstanding Player of the 2003 NCAA Tournament.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)