Feb 19, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
The Syracuse athletic department announced Tuesday that tickets are sold out for Saturday’s men’s basketball game against Georgetown and that a record crowd of 35,012 people are expected to be in attendance at the Carrier Dome.
It is only the second time that Syracuse has announced a sellout in advance. The other came prior to the Orange’s Feb. 27, 2010 game against Villanova, which holds the current attendance record of 34,616.
Former star Carmelo Anthony will have his jersey retired Saturday as well, and the school made accommodations to add extra seats and break the previous attendance record.
Anthony won a national championship with Syracuse in 2003 and was named Big East Rookie of the Year and the Most Outstanding Player of the 2003 NCAA Tournament.
- 2014 NCAA Tournament Printable Bracket 1
- 2014 NCAA Tournament Midwest Region: Instant Analysis 3
- 2014 NCAA Tournament Instant Analysis: East Region 3
- 2014 NCAA Tournament West Region: Instant Analysis 0
- 2014 NCAA Tournament South Region: Instant Analysis 1
- Florida, Wichita State, Arizona, Virginia claim No. 1 seeds 1
- Final Bracketology: Florida is your overall No. 1 seed 3
- Was Duke’s Rodney Hood fouled by Clemson? You make the call (VIDEO) (21)
- Bracketology: Final No. 1 seed still a question mark (16)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Big Ten Tournament: Michigan survives furious Ohio State comeback (9)
- Big Ten Tournament: No. 22 Michigan State takes another step forward in win over No. 12 Wisconsin (8)