Feb 19, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
Michigan State guard Travis Trice has been cleared to play Tuesday against No. 1 Indiana, but it is unclear whether he will see time on the floor against the Hoosiers, Michigan State coach Tom Izzo announced this evening.
“We did get clearance to use him,” Tom Izzo said on his pre-game show on the Spartan Sports Network, as transcribed by the Detroit Free Press, “but I’m sure it’ll be emergency use only.”
Trice has missed the past four games due to a concussion after being struck in the face Jan. 31 in a game against Illinois. As the back-up to team captain Keith Appling, Trice has averaged 5.5 points and 1.9 assists in just over 20 minutes per game. In his absence, Michigan State has won all four games.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)