Feb 19, 2013, 6:49 PM EST
Michigan State guard Travis Trice has been cleared to play Tuesday against No. 1 Indiana, but it is unclear whether he will see time on the floor against the Hoosiers, Michigan State coach Tom Izzo announced this evening.
“We did get clearance to use him,” Tom Izzo said on his pre-game show on the Spartan Sports Network, as transcribed by the Detroit Free Press, “but I’m sure it’ll be emergency use only.”
Trice has missed the past four games due to a concussion after being struck in the face Jan. 31 in a game against Illinois. As the back-up to team captain Keith Appling, Trice has averaged 5.5 points and 1.9 assists in just over 20 minutes per game. In his absence, Michigan State has won all four games.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)