Feb 19, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
Michigan State guard Travis Trice has been cleared to play Tuesday against No. 1 Indiana, but it is unclear whether he will see time on the floor against the Hoosiers, Michigan State coach Tom Izzo announced this evening.
“We did get clearance to use him,” Tom Izzo said on his pre-game show on the Spartan Sports Network, as transcribed by the Detroit Free Press, “but I’m sure it’ll be emergency use only.”
Trice has missed the past four games due to a concussion after being struck in the face Jan. 31 in a game against Illinois. As the back-up to team captain Keith Appling, Trice has averaged 5.5 points and 1.9 assists in just over 20 minutes per game. In his absence, Michigan State has won all four games.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)