Feb 19, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
Michigan State guard Travis Trice has been cleared to play Tuesday against No. 1 Indiana, but it is unclear whether he will see time on the floor against the Hoosiers, Michigan State coach Tom Izzo announced this evening.
“We did get clearance to use him,” Tom Izzo said on his pre-game show on the Spartan Sports Network, as transcribed by the Detroit Free Press, “but I’m sure it’ll be emergency use only.”
Trice has missed the past four games due to a concussion after being struck in the face Jan. 31 in a game against Illinois. As the back-up to team captain Keith Appling, Trice has averaged 5.5 points and 1.9 assists in just over 20 minutes per game. In his absence, Michigan State has won all four games.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)