Feb 20, 2013, 11:55 AM EST
Sad news today coming out of North Carolina as Josh Level, a 17 year old junior at New Gardens Friends School in Greensboro, NC, passed away on Tuesday night.
He collapsed on the court during a game against Quality Education Academy and died at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
R.I.P Josh Level. Man I’m sooo hurt.
— Quincy Miller (@qmillertime) February 20, 2013
Level played with Team Loaded during the spring and the summer AAU seasons and was receiving interest from schools like Oklahoma State, North Carolina State, Charlotte and Cleveland State.
BallIsLife put together a touching tribute to Level which can be seen here. The video is kicked off with a harrowing quote from the youngster:
“Most guys, they lack the hustle and heart and desire to be out there on the court, because to play this game, you have to have a lot of heart. It’s a privilege.”
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Level family and all of Josh’s friends and teammates. The loss of a young man with so much promise is truly heart-breaking.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 0
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 1
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 1
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)