Feb 20, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
Sad news today coming out of North Carolina as Josh Level, a 17 year old junior at New Gardens Friends School in Greensboro, NC, passed away on Tuesday night.
He collapsed on the court during a game against Quality Education Academy and died at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
R.I.P Josh Level. Man I’m sooo hurt.
— Quincy Miller (@qmillertime) February 20, 2013
Level played with Team Loaded during the spring and the summer AAU seasons and was receiving interest from schools like Oklahoma State, North Carolina State, Charlotte and Cleveland State.
BallIsLife put together a touching tribute to Level which can be seen here. The video is kicked off with a harrowing quote from the youngster:
“Most guys, they lack the hustle and heart and desire to be out there on the court, because to play this game, you have to have a lot of heart. It’s a privilege.”
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Level family and all of Josh’s friends and teammates. The loss of a young man with so much promise is truly heart-breaking.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1