Feb 20, 2013, 11:55 AM EST
Sad news today coming out of North Carolina as Josh Level, a 17 year old junior at New Gardens Friends School in Greensboro, NC, passed away on Tuesday night.
He collapsed on the court during a game against Quality Education Academy and died at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
R.I.P Josh Level. Man I’m sooo hurt.
— Quincy Miller (@qmillertime) February 20, 2013
Level played with Team Loaded during the spring and the summer AAU seasons and was receiving interest from schools like Oklahoma State, North Carolina State, Charlotte and Cleveland State.
BallIsLife put together a touching tribute to Level which can be seen here. The video is kicked off with a harrowing quote from the youngster:
“Most guys, they lack the hustle and heart and desire to be out there on the court, because to play this game, you have to have a lot of heart. It’s a privilege.”
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Level family and all of Josh’s friends and teammates. The loss of a young man with so much promise is truly heart-breaking.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)