Feb 21, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
Episode 10 of the CBT Podcast is finally here. Computer issues delayed the publish date, and technical difficulties forced a second recording. But just like a team battling the injury bug, we weathered the storm and prevailed.
Join host Troy Machir and College Basketball Talk Head Writer Rob Dauster as they discuss the latest and greatest from the college basketball world. Troy and Rob debate the conclusion to Wednesday’s pivotal Big-XII battle between Kansas and Oklahoma State including the use of a high ball screen in end of game situations.
After that, they try to wrap their heads around Minnesota’s recent struggles and whether or not Tubby Smith will be back next season. They also discuss the Mountain West and Atlantic-10 conferences, both of which are looking to get four bids to the NCAA Tournament.
And finally, they finish up the podcast with a six-pack of quick-hitting questions, covering the entire landscape of college hoops.
There is a lot to get to in the week’s edition of the CBT Podcast, so if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile Friendly Player: CBT Podcast Episode 10
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
You can contact Troy Machir on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)