Feb 21, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
Episode 10 of the CBT Podcast is finally here. Computer issues delayed the publish date, and technical difficulties forced a second recording. But just like a team battling the injury bug, we weathered the storm and prevailed.
Join host Troy Machir and College Basketball Talk Head Writer Rob Dauster as they discuss the latest and greatest from the college basketball world. Troy and Rob debate the conclusion to Wednesday’s pivotal Big-XII battle between Kansas and Oklahoma State including the use of a high ball screen in end of game situations.
After that, they try to wrap their heads around Minnesota’s recent struggles and whether or not Tubby Smith will be back next season. They also discuss the Mountain West and Atlantic-10 conferences, both of which are looking to get four bids to the NCAA Tournament.
And finally, they finish up the podcast with a six-pack of quick-hitting questions, covering the entire landscape of college hoops.
There is a lot to get to in the week’s edition of the CBT Podcast, so if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile Friendly Player: CBT Podcast Episode 10
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
You can contact Troy Machir on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)