Feb 21, 2013, 1:45 PM EST
Bad news for Oregon.
It looks like they’ll be hosting Cal tonight without starting point guard Dominic Artis:
Oregon point guard Dominic Artis has missed the past seven games with a foot injury and isn’t expected to play tonight against Cal.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) February 21, 2013
While this is bad news for Oregon as they try to hold onto their lead in the Pac-12 race — the Ducks currently sit a game up on Arizona in the loss column — this is golden opportunity for the Golden Bears. Cal has won five of their last six games (knocking off Arizona in Tucson and beating UCLA and Oregon at home), thrusting themselves into the NCAA tournament conversation. They should feel pretty comfortable with where they are currently situated, but a win at Oregon would do wonders to help solidify their seeding.
It will also be the first time the Bears take the court since the Shove Heard ‘Round the World. I wonder how many times that will get mentioned tonight?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)