Feb 21, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Bad news for Oregon.
It looks like they’ll be hosting Cal tonight without starting point guard Dominic Artis:
Oregon point guard Dominic Artis has missed the past seven games with a foot injury and isn’t expected to play tonight against Cal.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) February 21, 2013
While this is bad news for Oregon as they try to hold onto their lead in the Pac-12 race — the Ducks currently sit a game up on Arizona in the loss column — this is golden opportunity for the Golden Bears. Cal has won five of their last six games (knocking off Arizona in Tucson and beating UCLA and Oregon at home), thrusting themselves into the NCAA tournament conversation. They should feel pretty comfortable with where they are currently situated, but a win at Oregon would do wonders to help solidify their seeding.
It will also be the first time the Bears take the court since the Shove Heard ‘Round the World. I wonder how many times that will get mentioned tonight?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)