Feb 21, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Bad news for Oregon.
It looks like they’ll be hosting Cal tonight without starting point guard Dominic Artis:
Oregon point guard Dominic Artis has missed the past seven games with a foot injury and isn’t expected to play tonight against Cal.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) February 21, 2013
While this is bad news for Oregon as they try to hold onto their lead in the Pac-12 race — the Ducks currently sit a game up on Arizona in the loss column — this is golden opportunity for the Golden Bears. Cal has won five of their last six games (knocking off Arizona in Tucson and beating UCLA and Oregon at home), thrusting themselves into the NCAA tournament conversation. They should feel pretty comfortable with where they are currently situated, but a win at Oregon would do wonders to help solidify their seeding.
It will also be the first time the Bears take the court since the Shove Heard ‘Round the World. I wonder how many times that will get mentioned tonight?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)