Feb 21, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Bad news for Oregon.
It looks like they’ll be hosting Cal tonight without starting point guard Dominic Artis:
Oregon point guard Dominic Artis has missed the past seven games with a foot injury and isn’t expected to play tonight against Cal.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) February 21, 2013
While this is bad news for Oregon as they try to hold onto their lead in the Pac-12 race — the Ducks currently sit a game up on Arizona in the loss column — this is golden opportunity for the Golden Bears. Cal has won five of their last six games (knocking off Arizona in Tucson and beating UCLA and Oregon at home), thrusting themselves into the NCAA tournament conversation. They should feel pretty comfortable with where they are currently situated, but a win at Oregon would do wonders to help solidify their seeding.
It will also be the first time the Bears take the court since the Shove Heard ‘Round the World. I wonder how many times that will get mentioned tonight?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)