Feb 21, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Bad news for Oregon.
It looks like they’ll be hosting Cal tonight without starting point guard Dominic Artis:
Oregon point guard Dominic Artis has missed the past seven games with a foot injury and isn’t expected to play tonight against Cal.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) February 21, 2013
While this is bad news for Oregon as they try to hold onto their lead in the Pac-12 race — the Ducks currently sit a game up on Arizona in the loss column — this is golden opportunity for the Golden Bears. Cal has won five of their last six games (knocking off Arizona in Tucson and beating UCLA and Oregon at home), thrusting themselves into the NCAA tournament conversation. They should feel pretty comfortable with where they are currently situated, but a win at Oregon would do wonders to help solidify their seeding.
It will also be the first time the Bears take the court since the Shove Heard ‘Round the World. I wonder how many times that will get mentioned tonight?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)