Feb 22, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
We’re not even in the month of March and things are happening in regards to the 2013-14 season.
Three of the four host schools for November’s 2K Sports Classic benefitting Coaches vs. Cancer are Boston College, Connecticut and Washington. Those schools will play in the semifinals and finals of the event, which are scheduled to be played on November 21 and 22 at Madison Square Garden.
The 2K Sports Classic is one of those early season events in which the host teams automatically advance to the semifinals whether or not they lose a game in the regional rounds (November 15-18).
And with that in mind it’s pretty obvious what one of the two matchups should be, regardless of the school that the Gazelle Group lands to complete the quartet.
Yes, Boston College and UConn need to play in one of those semifinals.
The two New England schools haven’t played since the 2004-05 season, Boston College’s final season as a member of the Big East. The Eagles, formerly a charter member of the Big East, made the move to the ACC and to be frank there were some vitriolic words used in response to their decision.
There was also the lawsuit filed in Connecticut against Boston College, Miami and the ACC by remaining members of the Big East when the first major moves of realignment took place.
But with so many schools hopping onto the realignment carousel in recent years how beneficial is it to harbor grudges? With the last meeting between the two schools coming back in 2005, it’s time for BC and Connecticut to meet again.
And given their history, what venue would be better for the schools to renew acquaintances than Madison Square Garden?
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)