Feb 22, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
One of the nation’s top remaining recruits wrapped up his official visits this past weekend in Lawrence. Julius Randle (Prestonwood Christian/Plano, Texas) was inside Allen Fieldhouse for the Jayhawks’ 73-47 win over Texas as former KU stars were in attendance.
Being inside one of the best college basketball environments was more than enough for the 6-foot-9 Randle to enjoy his time in Kansas.
“That was a great visit,” wrote Randle in his player blog for USA Today. “Kansas really made a big impression on me. I know I’d have a legit chance to win a national championship there.
“Those fans were really loud. I mean those fans were just crazy. They might’ve been the best fans I’ve seen. They chanted all throughout the game and they were loud. I heard it pretty loud at N.C. State, but these guys were just loud.”
The top-ranked power forward has given high praise to other visits in the past, going as far to say his visit at North Carolina State back in January was, at the time, his best.
Randle had previously been to Kentucky, Florida, N.C. State and Texas before spending Saturday in Lawrence. During his time at the game, Randle mentioned that he got to be around former KU bigs Thomas Robinson, while Marcus and Marikeff Morris were also there.
With alumni present, a big win and an always loud crowd, Bill Self put himself in a good position to potentially land a sixth commit for his incoming class. Kansas is looking to add some size in this class to go along with 7-footer Joel Embiid (The Rock School/Gainesville, Fla.)
Before his visit, Randle also made a return to the floor, after being sidelined with a foot injury since late November. In limited minutes, the No. 2 ranked recruit in the Class of 2013, went for a double-double of 19 points and 10 boards.
No date has been set for an announcement.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)