Feb 22, 2013, 11:52 PM EST
North Carolina and N.C. State met back in January in Raleigh. Lorenzo Brown went for 20 points and 11 assists to lead the Wolfpack to a 91-83 win over the Tar Heels. Brown’s opposition, Marcus Paige went 2-for-11 for seven points and four assists.
Saturday in Chapel Hill, the freshman point guard is ready for Act II.
It wasn’t a terrible game for me, personally,” Paige sad according to the News & Observer. “But obviously it wasn’t a good game at all. So obviously there’s a lot of room to go up.
I’ve played a lot more ACC games now. So I’m just more seasoned, I guess, than I was earlier in the year. I’m better prepared. And plus we’ve played them already. [Brown] is a great player, so it will just be another great experience for me to get better.”
This will be not only a different game for Paige, but it’s also the first time N.C. State faces the smaller UNC lineup. P.J. Hairston has helped the Tar Heels win two of the last three games since being inserted into the starting lineup, including a 29-point outburst against Virginia, avenging an loss earlier this season. Although he did struggle in Tuesday’s win against Georgia Tech.
Saturday’s game between Carolina rivals will also separate a three-way tie for third place in the ACC standings. Miami remains undefeated while Duke is in sole possession of second. The Tar Heels and Wolfpack are tied with Virginia for third. North Carolina and Virginia split the season series, but the Cavaliers hold the tiebreaker over N.C. State.
Tip is at 4 p.m.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)