Feb 22, 2013, 11:52 PM EDT
North Carolina and N.C. State met back in January in Raleigh. Lorenzo Brown went for 20 points and 11 assists to lead the Wolfpack to a 91-83 win over the Tar Heels. Brown’s opposition, Marcus Paige went 2-for-11 for seven points and four assists.
Saturday in Chapel Hill, the freshman point guard is ready for Act II.
It wasn’t a terrible game for me, personally,” Paige sad according to the News & Observer. “But obviously it wasn’t a good game at all. So obviously there’s a lot of room to go up.
I’ve played a lot more ACC games now. So I’m just more seasoned, I guess, than I was earlier in the year. I’m better prepared. And plus we’ve played them already. [Brown] is a great player, so it will just be another great experience for me to get better.”
This will be not only a different game for Paige, but it’s also the first time N.C. State faces the smaller UNC lineup. P.J. Hairston has helped the Tar Heels win two of the last three games since being inserted into the starting lineup, including a 29-point outburst against Virginia, avenging an loss earlier this season. Although he did struggle in Tuesday’s win against Georgia Tech.
Saturday’s game between Carolina rivals will also separate a three-way tie for third place in the ACC standings. Miami remains undefeated while Duke is in sole possession of second. The Tar Heels and Wolfpack are tied with Virginia for third. North Carolina and Virginia split the season series, but the Cavaliers hold the tiebreaker over N.C. State.
Tip is at 4 p.m.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 1
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Nate Robinson, other Washington greats to play in alumni game June 23 (3)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1