Feb 22, 2013, 11:52 PM EST
North Carolina and N.C. State met back in January in Raleigh. Lorenzo Brown went for 20 points and 11 assists to lead the Wolfpack to a 91-83 win over the Tar Heels. Brown’s opposition, Marcus Paige went 2-for-11 for seven points and four assists.
Saturday in Chapel Hill, the freshman point guard is ready for Act II.
It wasn’t a terrible game for me, personally,” Paige sad according to the News & Observer. “But obviously it wasn’t a good game at all. So obviously there’s a lot of room to go up.
I’ve played a lot more ACC games now. So I’m just more seasoned, I guess, than I was earlier in the year. I’m better prepared. And plus we’ve played them already. [Brown] is a great player, so it will just be another great experience for me to get better.”
This will be not only a different game for Paige, but it’s also the first time N.C. State faces the smaller UNC lineup. P.J. Hairston has helped the Tar Heels win two of the last three games since being inserted into the starting lineup, including a 29-point outburst against Virginia, avenging an loss earlier this season. Although he did struggle in Tuesday’s win against Georgia Tech.
Saturday’s game between Carolina rivals will also separate a three-way tie for third place in the ACC standings. Miami remains undefeated while Duke is in sole possession of second. The Tar Heels and Wolfpack are tied with Virginia for third. North Carolina and Virginia split the season series, but the Cavaliers hold the tiebreaker over N.C. State.
Tip is at 4 p.m.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)