Feb 22, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
Who’s Getting Upset?: No. 2 Miami at Wake Forest (12:00 p.m. ET, ESPN2)
I know this sounds silly, but hear me out. Miami has struggled their last two games. They needed a three-pointer from Kenny Kadji with 17 seconds left to beat Clemson on Sunday. On Tuesday, it was Shane Larkin finding Reggie Johnson by himself under the rim that save the Hurricanes from their first loss in ACC play this season.
Now, Wake Forest isn’t exactly a powerhouse, but they’ve been a tough team to beat on their home court this season. They beat UVA. They beat NC State. They were beating Duke after the under-four TV timeout in the second half. They beat Florida State by 25 points. With a visit to Cameron Indoor Stadium coming up next week, the Hurricanes cannot look past the Demon Deacons.
Who else is on Upset Alert?:
- No. 17 Marquette at Villanova (6:00 p.m. ET, ESPN): Villanova has been a pesky opponent for some of the top teams in the Big East this season. They’ve already picked off Syracuse and Louisville at home, and last weekend went into Connecticut and beat the Huskies. Marquette is tied for the Big East lead with Georgetown and Syracuse, which clearly means they are ripe for the Villanova picking.
- No. 24 VCU at Xavier (2:00 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network): Xavier doesn’t exactly have an NCAA tournament resume, but they are just two games behind St. Louis in the Atlantic 10 standings and they do have one of the best home courts in the conference. Can Semaj Christon and Dee Davis protect the ball well enough against VCU’s overwhelming pressure?
- No. 14 Oklahoma State at West Virginia (2:00 p.m. ET, ESPN2): Oklahoma State is coming off of a loss where Marcus Smart played about as poorly as he has all season long. WVU has had their troubles this season, but Morgantown is a long way from Stillwater and always a tough place for opposing teams to visit. Will the Pokes avoid a slip-up on the road?
- No. 20 Pitt at St. John’s (Sun. 12:00 p.m. ET, ESPN3): St. John’s has been one of the bigger surprises in the Big East this season, but they are currently sitting just on the wrong side of the bubble. That’s a bad place to be heading into the final weeks of the season. The Johnnies will have their chances, however: in addition to hosting Pitt, St. John’s will visit South Bend and play Marquette in NYC before the Big East tournament starts.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
May 3, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan will be around for at least a few more years, it seems.
May 3, 2015, 1:55 PM EDT
Gonzaga landed a huge transfer in former Washington guard Nigel Williams-Goss.
May 3, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino’s charter jet use is examined in a new report.
May 3, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
Former Old Dominion forward Richard Ross is continuing to pursue the NFL and has been invited to a mini-camp.
May 3, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
North Carolina commit Jalek Felton is fun to watch.
May 2, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
After being dismissed from Oregon, Dominic Artis spent a year at Diablo Valley CC in California but did not play basketball.
May 2, 2015, 9:33 PM EDT
Nwamu averaged 15.1 points per game and shot 37.4 percent from three at Mercer last season.
May 2, 2015, 7:41 PM EDT
Dakota Slaughter didn’t see much playing time at Alabama, but that could change at UTPA.
May 2, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
A high-level perimeter shooter, Williams can help a team that was lacking in that area in 2014-15.
May 2, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
ECU scholarship athletes in football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball will receive an extra $4,025 in scholarship money beginning August 1.
May 2, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Florida has four Class of 2015 recruits signed for next season.
May 2, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
De’Aaron Fox is one of the elite players in the Class of 2016 and he’s spending the spring focusing on defense and being a leader.
May 2, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Jaylen Brown’s commitment shook up the college basketball world on Friday night.
May 2, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Arizona State is losing a sophomore guard to transfer
May 2, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Ahmad Walker is returning to Stony Brook after a season in the junior college ranks.
May 2, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Baylor commit Mark Vital gets it done when it comes to dunks.
May 1, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
The return of Buddy Hield pushes previously unranked Oklahoma into our way too early rankings.
May 1, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Jaylen Brown ended his long and complicated recruitment and committed on Friday night.
May 1, 2015, 9:28 PM EDT
Former Miami (OH) point guard Quinten Rollins transitioned to football after his college basketball career finished and now he’s been drafted to the NFL.
May 1, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Indiana freshman center Jeremiah April will transfer.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)