Feb 22, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
For the last time as members of the Big East, No. 11 Georgetown will roll in to upstate New York and take on rival No. 8 Syracuse. Michael Carter-Williams didn’t wait until the 4 p.m. tip to add to the rivalry.
During the latest installment of The Mike and CJ Show — aired on Syracuse.com — the sophomore point guard didn’t hold back when talking about the series between the Orange and Hoyas.
“It’s a great rivalry,” said Carter-Williams. “We’ve always been better than them. Always will be better than them. And we just want to go out on top.”
Carter-Williams basically reiterated what former Cuse forward Kris Joseph said in a video message Carter-Williams and CJ Fair watched before Carter-Williams’ comments.
Record-wise, MCW is stating a fact. The Orange hold a 48-39 lead over the Hoyas in the series. However, Georgetown has won more Big East Conference titles and appeared in more Final Fours. Each program has one national title.
These comments made by the Syracuse point guard only add to Saturday’s matchup. Besides the rivalry game, this is for first place in the conference standings. Georgetown and Syracuse are tied with Marquette, who also plays Saturday. The Orange will also be running into one of the nation’s hottest teams with the Hoyas entering the Carrier Dome winners of eight straight.
Good news for Syracuse, though, as freshman DaJuan Coleman returned to practice on Thursday and will be available for Saturday against Georgetown, according to Mike Waters of The Post-Standard.
Syracuse and Georgetown meet for the last time as Big East foes on Mar. 9 in D.C.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)