Feb 22, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
For the last time as members of the Big East, No. 11 Georgetown will roll in to upstate New York and take on rival No. 8 Syracuse. Michael Carter-Williams didn’t wait until the 4 p.m. tip to add to the rivalry.
During the latest installment of The Mike and CJ Show — aired on Syracuse.com — the sophomore point guard didn’t hold back when talking about the series between the Orange and Hoyas.
“It’s a great rivalry,” said Carter-Williams. “We’ve always been better than them. Always will be better than them. And we just want to go out on top.”
Carter-Williams basically reiterated what former Cuse forward Kris Joseph said in a video message Carter-Williams and CJ Fair watched before Carter-Williams’ comments.
Record-wise, MCW is stating a fact. The Orange hold a 48-39 lead over the Hoyas in the series. However, Georgetown has won more Big East Conference titles and appeared in more Final Fours. Each program has one national title.
These comments made by the Syracuse point guard only add to Saturday’s matchup. Besides the rivalry game, this is for first place in the conference standings. Georgetown and Syracuse are tied with Marquette, who also plays Saturday. The Orange will also be running into one of the nation’s hottest teams with the Hoyas entering the Carrier Dome winners of eight straight.
Good news for Syracuse, though, as freshman DaJuan Coleman returned to practice on Thursday and will be available for Saturday against Georgetown, according to Mike Waters of The Post-Standard.
Syracuse and Georgetown meet for the last time as Big East foes on Mar. 9 in D.C.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)