Feb 22, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
William Carey University junior Ashlee Arnau’s half-court shot during halftime of the men’s basketball team’s game against Auburn-Montgomery may be the best that we see all season.
But this wasn’t your standard half-court shot. Arnau, who is also a member of the school’s soccer and track teams, pulled off the front-flip throw that’s seen more often on the soccer field than on a basketball court.
According to the Associated Press, Arnau says that she doesn’t practice the move but it is something that she attempts during halftime of William Carey games.
She said she usually tries it about four or five times during the halftime show. She nailed it on her fifth attempt Thursday night— during the last home game of the season.
“Everyone was going crazy,” said Arnau, a junior from Hattiesburg who said she is studying to be a nurse. “They were cheering my name.”
With this happening in William Carey’s final home game of the season, I wonder what kind of shot Ashlee can come up with for her senior campaign.
Video credit: Nathan Epstein/WDAM-TV
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead