Feb 22, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
William Carey University junior Ashlee Arnau’s half-court shot during halftime of the men’s basketball team’s game against Auburn-Montgomery may be the best that we see all season.
But this wasn’t your standard half-court shot. Arnau, who is also a member of the school’s soccer and track teams, pulled off the front-flip throw that’s seen more often on the soccer field than on a basketball court.
According to the Associated Press, Arnau says that she doesn’t practice the move but it is something that she attempts during halftime of William Carey games.
She said she usually tries it about four or five times during the halftime show. She nailed it on her fifth attempt Thursday night— during the last home game of the season.
“Everyone was going crazy,” said Arnau, a junior from Hattiesburg who said she is studying to be a nurse. “They were cheering my name.”
With this happening in William Carey’s final home game of the season, I wonder what kind of shot Ashlee can come up with for her senior campaign.
Video credit: Nathan Epstein/WDAM-TV
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)