Feb 22, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
William Carey University junior Ashlee Arnau’s half-court shot during halftime of the men’s basketball team’s game against Auburn-Montgomery may be the best that we see all season.
But this wasn’t your standard half-court shot. Arnau, who is also a member of the school’s soccer and track teams, pulled off the front-flip throw that’s seen more often on the soccer field than on a basketball court.
According to the Associated Press, Arnau says that she doesn’t practice the move but it is something that she attempts during halftime of William Carey games.
She said she usually tries it about four or five times during the halftime show. She nailed it on her fifth attempt Thursday night— during the last home game of the season.
“Everyone was going crazy,” said Arnau, a junior from Hattiesburg who said she is studying to be a nurse. “They were cheering my name.”
With this happening in William Carey’s final home game of the season, I wonder what kind of shot Ashlee can come up with for her senior campaign.
Video credit: Nathan Epstein/WDAM-TV
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)