Feb 22, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
William Carey University junior Ashlee Arnau’s half-court shot during halftime of the men’s basketball team’s game against Auburn-Montgomery may be the best that we see all season.
But this wasn’t your standard half-court shot. Arnau, who is also a member of the school’s soccer and track teams, pulled off the front-flip throw that’s seen more often on the soccer field than on a basketball court.
According to the Associated Press, Arnau says that she doesn’t practice the move but it is something that she attempts during halftime of William Carey games.
She said she usually tries it about four or five times during the halftime show. She nailed it on her fifth attempt Thursday night— during the last home game of the season.
“Everyone was going crazy,” said Arnau, a junior from Hattiesburg who said she is studying to be a nurse. “They were cheering my name.”
With this happening in William Carey’s final home game of the season, I wonder what kind of shot Ashlee can come up with for her senior campaign.
Video credit: Nathan Epstein/WDAM-TV
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)