Feb 22, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
William Carey University junior Ashlee Arnau’s half-court shot during halftime of the men’s basketball team’s game against Auburn-Montgomery may be the best that we see all season.
But this wasn’t your standard half-court shot. Arnau, who is also a member of the school’s soccer and track teams, pulled off the front-flip throw that’s seen more often on the soccer field than on a basketball court.
According to the Associated Press, Arnau says that she doesn’t practice the move but it is something that she attempts during halftime of William Carey games.
She said she usually tries it about four or five times during the halftime show. She nailed it on her fifth attempt Thursday night— during the last home game of the season.
“Everyone was going crazy,” said Arnau, a junior from Hattiesburg who said she is studying to be a nurse. “They were cheering my name.”
With this happening in William Carey’s final home game of the season, I wonder what kind of shot Ashlee can come up with for her senior campaign.
Video credit: Nathan Epstein/WDAM-TV
Jul 30, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Oregon is now left with just nine scholarship players, only two of whom saw significant minutes last season.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Coggins will be heading back closer to his Southern California home
Jul 30, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
Rising sophomore forward Duncan Robinson played his freshman year at Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts, but could be on the move for next season.
Jul 29, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
UCLA reopened Pauley Pavilion in 2012 after $136 million worth of renovations.
Jul 29, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
The UCLA campus became flooded on Tuesday afternoon.
Jul 29, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Mike Krzyzewski is entering his 40th season as a head coach.
Jul 29, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Doug Wojcik has been investigated twice by the College of Charleston.
Jul 29, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Cal told The Sporting News that he couldn’t leave behind the guys that decided to return to school. Do you buy it?
Jul 29, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
A former UK coach gave his listeners some new details about Willie Cauley-Stein’s injury.
Jul 29, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
Malik Monk is a dream come true for the mixtape makers.
Jul 29, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
And now they’re considering selling it at football games.
Jul 29, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
The Bruins will be tested by the time Pac-12 play rolls around.
Jul 29, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Chad Frazier was arrested back in April.
Jul 29, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Another surprise cut was made at the point guard spot
Jul 29, 2014, 10:12 AM EDT
Beyond the glitz and glamour of the highest levels of AAU basketball are kids fighting to land one of a few coveted scholarships.
Jul 29, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
The procedure wasn’t know until Agau took to social media.
Jul 28, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Richard Pitino likes that he can feed his players now.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Wisconsin got some pretty cool rings for making the Final Four.
Jul 28, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
After tearing his ACL less than a year ago, Harry Giles looks healthy and prepared to battle for No. 1 in the Class of 2016.
Jul 28, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Northwestern head coach Chris Collins will be working with pros this summer.
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)