Feb 23, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
While everyone else is busy talking about No. 2 Miami being undefeated in the ACC, there is a team in the MAC making a similar run.
Zeke Marshall’s 14 points paced Akron as the Zips extended their winning streak to a NCAA-leading 18 games with a 68-53 win over North Dakota State on Friday night in Ohio.
“Akron’s good. . . . That’s all there is to it,” North Dakota State coach Saul Phillips said. “They’re good.” Watch highlights below:
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 1
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)