Feb 23, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
While everyone else is busy talking about No. 2 Miami being undefeated in the ACC, there is a team in the MAC making a similar run.
Zeke Marshall’s 14 points paced Akron as the Zips extended their winning streak to a NCAA-leading 18 games with a 68-53 win over North Dakota State on Friday night in Ohio.
“Akron’s good. . . . That’s all there is to it,” North Dakota State coach Saul Phillips said. “They’re good.” Watch highlights below:
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)