Feb 23, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
While everyone else is busy talking about No. 2 Miami being undefeated in the ACC, there is a team in the MAC making a similar run.
Zeke Marshall’s 14 points paced Akron as the Zips extended their winning streak to a NCAA-leading 18 games with a 68-53 win over North Dakota State on Friday night in Ohio.
“Akron’s good. . . . That’s all there is to it,” North Dakota State coach Saul Phillips said. “They’re good.” Watch highlights below:
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 8
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)