Feb 23, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
William Carey University junior cheerleader Ashlee Arnau has caught the Internet by storm when she connected on her front-flip half-court shot.
Thursday’s win over Auburn-Montgomery became secondary news after Arnau hit the improbable shot. What’s more impressive is that she may have outdone herself 24 hours later. On Friday, Arnau, who is a member of the soccer and track and field teams, repeated the trick shot in front of the world famous Harlem Globetrotters at the nearby University of Southern Mississippi.
The Internet sensation will attempt the same shot this upcoming Wednesday when the Globetrotters perform at the Reed Green Coliseum, according to Sporting News.
Arnau was even able to teach Globetrotter, Firefly, how to pull off her trademark stunt.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)