Feb 23, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
William Carey University junior cheerleader Ashlee Arnau has caught the Internet by storm when she connected on her front-flip half-court shot.
Thursday’s win over Auburn-Montgomery became secondary news after Arnau hit the improbable shot. What’s more impressive is that she may have outdone herself 24 hours later. On Friday, Arnau, who is a member of the soccer and track and field teams, repeated the trick shot in front of the world famous Harlem Globetrotters at the nearby University of Southern Mississippi.
The Internet sensation will attempt the same shot this upcoming Wednesday when the Globetrotters perform at the Reed Green Coliseum, according to Sporting News.
Arnau was even able to teach Globetrotter, Firefly, how to pull off her trademark stunt.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)