Feb 23, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
William Carey University junior cheerleader Ashlee Arnau has caught the Internet by storm when she connected on her front-flip half-court shot.
Thursday’s win over Auburn-Montgomery became secondary news after Arnau hit the improbable shot. What’s more impressive is that she may have outdone herself 24 hours later. On Friday, Arnau, who is a member of the soccer and track and field teams, repeated the trick shot in front of the world famous Harlem Globetrotters at the nearby University of Southern Mississippi.
The Internet sensation will attempt the same shot this upcoming Wednesday when the Globetrotters perform at the Reed Green Coliseum, according to Sporting News.
Arnau was even able to teach Globetrotter, Firefly, how to pull off her trademark stunt.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)