Feb 23, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
On the same day that New Mexico seized a two-game lead in the Mountain West standings, San Diego State also won. That is to say, in a manner of speaking, that they played at home.
The last time the Aztecs won a road game, it was January 23rd, and the victim was Nevada. Today, the Wolf Pack became the first MWC team to be swept by the streaky Aztecs this season, losing 88-75 at Viejas Arena.
San Diego State is 2.5 games out of the Mountain West lead, but they can make up some ground if they win their next game on February 27. The only problem is, it’s against N0. 16 New Mexico, and it’s in The Pit. A win would be a statement of the boldest kind.
That’s a problem for another day. For now, enjoy footage of the big win, courtesy of NBC Sports Network.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)