Feb 23, 2013, 10:19 PM EST
On the same day that New Mexico seized a two-game lead in the Mountain West standings, San Diego State also won. That is to say, in a manner of speaking, that they played at home.
The last time the Aztecs won a road game, it was January 23rd, and the victim was Nevada. Today, the Wolf Pack became the first MWC team to be swept by the streaky Aztecs this season, losing 88-75 at Viejas Arena.
San Diego State is 2.5 games out of the Mountain West lead, but they can make up some ground if they win their next game on February 27. The only problem is, it’s against N0. 16 New Mexico, and it’s in The Pit. A win would be a statement of the boldest kind.
That’s a problem for another day. For now, enjoy footage of the big win, courtesy of NBC Sports Network.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)