Feb 23, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
On the same day that New Mexico seized a two-game lead in the Mountain West standings, San Diego State also won. That is to say, in a manner of speaking, that they played at home.
The last time the Aztecs won a road game, it was January 23rd, and the victim was Nevada. Today, the Wolf Pack became the first MWC team to be swept by the streaky Aztecs this season, losing 88-75 at Viejas Arena.
San Diego State is 2.5 games out of the Mountain West lead, but they can make up some ground if they win their next game on February 27. The only problem is, it’s against N0. 16 New Mexico, and it’s in The Pit. A win would be a statement of the boldest kind.
That’s a problem for another day. For now, enjoy footage of the big win, courtesy of NBC Sports Network.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)