Feb 23, 2013, 10:19 PM EST
On the same day that New Mexico seized a two-game lead in the Mountain West standings, San Diego State also won. That is to say, in a manner of speaking, that they played at home.
The last time the Aztecs won a road game, it was January 23rd, and the victim was Nevada. Today, the Wolf Pack became the first MWC team to be swept by the streaky Aztecs this season, losing 88-75 at Viejas Arena.
San Diego State is 2.5 games out of the Mountain West lead, but they can make up some ground if they win their next game on February 27. The only problem is, it’s against N0. 16 New Mexico, and it’s in The Pit. A win would be a statement of the boldest kind.
That’s a problem for another day. For now, enjoy footage of the big win, courtesy of NBC Sports Network.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 0
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 0
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)