Feb 26, 2013, 6:49 PM EST
UPDATED 27 February 2013, 12:31 p.m. ET
Kansas escaped from Ames, Iowa, Monday night with a 108-96 overtime victory against Iowa State, but the win was not without controversy. Come Tuesday, the Big 12 admitted that mistakes were made by the officiating crew at the end of regulation, though the conference would not point to a specific play or sequence.
But it is pretty clear where the error likely came, highlighting Kansas’ last possession of regulation. Watch below:
As guard Elijah Johnson brought the ball over half court and drove toward the basket with around 0:11 to play, Iowa State freshman Georges Niang appeared to have slid under the basket and taken a charge from Johnson. There was no call, but Niang was called for a
block hold and Johnson went to the line, sinking two free throws and sending the game into an extra period.
Kansas then pulled away for the win.
Dec 22, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Austin Hatch is the man.
Dec 22, 2014, 9:24 PM EST
All of Monday night’s action in one place.
Dec 22, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Kansas no-showed on Monday night as Temple crushed the Jayhawks.
Dec 22, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
Cincinnati head coach Mick Cronin will miss another game as he continues to undergo testing for a brain aneurysm.
Dec 22, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
A former Texas guard transferred to the school he originally pledged to in high school before later re-opening his recruitment.
Dec 22, 2014, 5:54 PM EST
Kethan Savage should change his last name to Posterized.
Dec 22, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
Illinois has to get more offense around Rayvonte Rice before a road-heavy start to the Big Ten season.
Dec 22, 2014, 3:06 PM EST
There are some 86 games on tonight.
Dec 22, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
With conference play right around the corner, who have been the best players in the country?
Dec 22, 2014, 1:41 PM EST
If there’s anything that can ruin Kentucky’s dream of a perfect season, it’s coming from their own locker room.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:54 AM EST
We went an entire week without an unbeaten losing.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:25 AM EST
It’s great that the Rams do this.
Dec 22, 2014, 10:01 AM EST
The Buckeyes are 9-2, dropping both of their key non-conferences games against ranked opponents.
Dec 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Some new faces make their way into the Weekly Awards.
Dec 22, 2014, 6:30 AM EST
The top 12 remain the same, but there was plenty of movement in and around the rest of the top 25.
Dec 21, 2014, 11:09 PM EST
Yeah, you’re going to want to see this.
Dec 21, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Four of the eight teams in the field reached the NCAA tournament last season.
Dec 21, 2014, 8:22 PM EST
Virginia limited Harvard to 27 points, Maryland won at Oklahoma State, and Georgia picked up a solid home win.
Dec 21, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
Could the Terps be the second-best team in the Big Ten? At the very least they’ve earned their place in the conversation.
Dec 21, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
Harrell was assessed a flagrant 2 foul in Saturday’s win over Western Kentucky.
- Two-time plane crash survivor Austin Hatch scores first career point in Michigan win (VIDEO) 0
- Late Night Snacks: Temple blows out Kansas, Purdue loses to Gardner-Webb 0
- Temple embarrasses No. 10 Kansas by 25 points 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)