Feb 26, 2013, 5:42 PM EST
Oregon has been a different basketball without freshman point guard Dominic Artis the past nine games. Prone to turnovers and dropping into a tie for first in the Pac-12, the Ducks got some good news Tuesday.
After his second day of limited practice, Oregon coach Dana Altman opened up the possibility of Artis returning to the floor when the Ducks face Oregon State in the “Civil War” on Tuesday.
“It’s kind of like limiting a pitch count in baseball…If it’s hurting him we will take him out,” Altman said, according to CSNNW.com. “We could have put him in a few weeks ago but it wasn’t worth it…. He’s a player to build around.”
Regardless of whether Artis is able to go, though, Johnathan Loyd will remain in the starting lineup at the point guard spot, meaning Artis would come off the bench.
Considering Artis has been sidelined for close to a month, Altman tried to push aside doubts about how his freshman would fare once he assimilates back into the regular rotation.
“He hasn’t missed a beat. He’s been to every practice, always asking me ‘Ok,what do I do on this, that, etc.,’” said Altman. “He’s been focused the whole time, and I’m sure there will be an adjustment period…..three weeks to get blended in [before the Pac-12 Tournament].”
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)