Feb 26, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The story began with a 7-1 man and his dream of making cream puffs, but it will now end sadly with shuttered windows and a “For Rent” sign.
Former Duke center Brian Zoubek has announced the closing of his New Jersey-based cream puff shop “Dream Puffz” as he moves on to other entrepreneurial endeavors in the time after his basketball playing days have come to an end.
“After much contemplation, I have decided to close Dream Puffz to follow my growing interest in real estate and pursue another business opportunities,” Zoubek wrote on Facebook, as recorded by the Duke Chronicle. “It was an honor to open the business in the community and I look forward to remaining an entrepreneur.”
Zoubek played for Duke from 2006-10, averaging 5.6 points and 7.7 rebounds per game in 40 games during his senior season. In that year, the Blue Devils won a national championship, defeating Butler, 61-59.
He opened his cream puff venture in May 2012, cycling through a number of name ideas before settling on “Dream Puffz.” According to previous reports, he had considered “Heavenly Cream Puff Creations,” and simply “Cream Puff Creations.” The Chronicle reports that his treats were a hit in the New Jersey community, selling out every day in the first week it was open and selling 100,000 total.
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)