Feb 26, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The story began with a 7-1 man and his dream of making cream puffs, but it will now end sadly with shuttered windows and a “For Rent” sign.
Former Duke center Brian Zoubek has announced the closing of his New Jersey-based cream puff shop “Dream Puffz” as he moves on to other entrepreneurial endeavors in the time after his basketball playing days have come to an end.
“After much contemplation, I have decided to close Dream Puffz to follow my growing interest in real estate and pursue another business opportunities,” Zoubek wrote on Facebook, as recorded by the Duke Chronicle. “It was an honor to open the business in the community and I look forward to remaining an entrepreneur.”
Zoubek played for Duke from 2006-10, averaging 5.6 points and 7.7 rebounds per game in 40 games during his senior season. In that year, the Blue Devils won a national championship, defeating Butler, 61-59.
He opened his cream puff venture in May 2012, cycling through a number of name ideas before settling on “Dream Puffz.” According to previous reports, he had considered “Heavenly Cream Puff Creations,” and simply “Cream Puff Creations.” The Chronicle reports that his treats were a hit in the New Jersey community, selling out every day in the first week it was open and selling 100,000 total.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)