Feb 26, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
The story began with a 7-1 man and his dream of making cream puffs, but it will now end sadly with shuttered windows and a “For Rent” sign.
Former Duke center Brian Zoubek has announced the closing of his New Jersey-based cream puff shop “Dream Puffz” as he moves on to other entrepreneurial endeavors in the time after his basketball playing days have come to an end.
“After much contemplation, I have decided to close Dream Puffz to follow my growing interest in real estate and pursue another business opportunities,” Zoubek wrote on Facebook, as recorded by the Duke Chronicle. “It was an honor to open the business in the community and I look forward to remaining an entrepreneur.”
Zoubek played for Duke from 2006-10, averaging 5.6 points and 7.7 rebounds per game in 40 games during his senior season. In that year, the Blue Devils won a national championship, defeating Butler, 61-59.
He opened his cream puff venture in May 2012, cycling through a number of name ideas before settling on “Dream Puffz.” According to previous reports, he had considered “Heavenly Cream Puff Creations,” and simply “Cream Puff Creations.” The Chronicle reports that his treats were a hit in the New Jersey community, selling out every day in the first week it was open and selling 100,000 total.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)