Feb 26, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The story began with a 7-1 man and his dream of making cream puffs, but it will now end sadly with shuttered windows and a “For Rent” sign.
Former Duke center Brian Zoubek has announced the closing of his New Jersey-based cream puff shop “Dream Puffz” as he moves on to other entrepreneurial endeavors in the time after his basketball playing days have come to an end.
“After much contemplation, I have decided to close Dream Puffz to follow my growing interest in real estate and pursue another business opportunities,” Zoubek wrote on Facebook, as recorded by the Duke Chronicle. “It was an honor to open the business in the community and I look forward to remaining an entrepreneur.”
Zoubek played for Duke from 2006-10, averaging 5.6 points and 7.7 rebounds per game in 40 games during his senior season. In that year, the Blue Devils won a national championship, defeating Butler, 61-59.
He opened his cream puff venture in May 2012, cycling through a number of name ideas before settling on “Dream Puffz.” According to previous reports, he had considered “Heavenly Cream Puff Creations,” and simply “Cream Puff Creations.” The Chronicle reports that his treats were a hit in the New Jersey community, selling out every day in the first week it was open and selling 100,000 total.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)