Feb 27, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Fairleigh Dickinson will part ways with head coach Greg Vetrone at the conclusion of the season, CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein is reporting.
Vetrone is in his third season with the team after taking over as the interim coach during the 2009-10 season. He has amassed a record of 15-72 in his three seasons at FDU, including 7-22 this season. The Knights are currently 2-14 in conference play and have lost 13 straight games.
FDU last reached the NCAA tournament in 2005 and last made the NIT in 2006. Both of those appearances came under former longtime coach Tom Green. Vetrone was brought on as an assistant on the FDU staff in the season before Green was dismissed.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)