Feb 27, 2013, 7:11 PM EST
Fairleigh Dickinson will part ways with head coach Greg Vetrone at the conclusion of the season, CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein is reporting.
Vetrone is in his third season with the team after taking over as the interim coach during the 2009-10 season. He has amassed a record of 15-72 in his three seasons at FDU, including 7-22 this season. The Knights are currently 2-14 in conference play and have lost 13 straight games.
FDU last reached the NCAA tournament in 2005 and last made the NIT in 2006. Both of those appearances came under former longtime coach Tom Green. Vetrone was brought on as an assistant on the FDU staff in the season before Green was dismissed.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)