Feb 27, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Fairleigh Dickinson will part ways with head coach Greg Vetrone at the conclusion of the season, CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein is reporting.
Vetrone is in his third season with the team after taking over as the interim coach during the 2009-10 season. He has amassed a record of 15-72 in his three seasons at FDU, including 7-22 this season. The Knights are currently 2-14 in conference play and have lost 13 straight games.
FDU last reached the NCAA tournament in 2005 and last made the NIT in 2006. Both of those appearances came under former longtime coach Tom Green. Vetrone was brought on as an assistant on the FDU staff in the season before Green was dismissed.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)