Feb 27, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Fairleigh Dickinson will part ways with head coach Greg Vetrone at the conclusion of the season, CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein is reporting.
Vetrone is in his third season with the team after taking over as the interim coach during the 2009-10 season. He has amassed a record of 15-72 in his three seasons at FDU, including 7-22 this season. The Knights are currently 2-14 in conference play and have lost 13 straight games.
FDU last reached the NCAA tournament in 2005 and last made the NIT in 2006. Both of those appearances came under former longtime coach Tom Green. Vetrone was brought on as an assistant on the FDU staff in the season before Green was dismissed.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1