Feb 27, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Fairleigh Dickinson will part ways with head coach Greg Vetrone at the conclusion of the season, CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein is reporting.
Vetrone is in his third season with the team after taking over as the interim coach during the 2009-10 season. He has amassed a record of 15-72 in his three seasons at FDU, including 7-22 this season. The Knights are currently 2-14 in conference play and have lost 13 straight games.
FDU last reached the NCAA tournament in 2005 and last made the NIT in 2006. Both of those appearances came under former longtime coach Tom Green. Vetrone was brought on as an assistant on the FDU staff in the season before Green was dismissed.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)