Feb 27, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
The Atlanta Tip-Off Club has released their list of the top 30 candidates for the Naismith Award.
Three teams have two players nominated: Indiana (Cody Zeller, Victor Oladipo), Kansas (Ben McLemore, Jeff Withey) and Duke (Seth Curry, Mason Plumlee).
Here are the top 30:
There are no blatant snubs here. Remember, this list is for National Player of the Year. There are maybe, at most, ten guys on this list that have a shot at the award, and ten is probably way too high.
Personally, my vote is still for Trey Burke, with Oladipo, Otto Porter, Kelly Olynyk and Marcus Smart chasing him.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 0
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)