Feb 27, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
The Atlanta Tip-Off Club has released their list of the top 30 candidates for the Naismith Award.
Three teams have two players nominated: Indiana (Cody Zeller, Victor Oladipo), Kansas (Ben McLemore, Jeff Withey) and Duke (Seth Curry, Mason Plumlee).
Here are the top 30:
There are no blatant snubs here. Remember, this list is for National Player of the Year. There are maybe, at most, ten guys on this list that have a shot at the award, and ten is probably way too high.
Personally, my vote is still for Trey Burke, with Oladipo, Otto Porter, Kelly Olynyk and Marcus Smart chasing him.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 2
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)
- Arizona’s Aaron Gordon belongs in the conversation with the best freshmen despite what box score says (2)