Feb 27, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
The Atlanta Tip-Off Club has released their list of the top 30 candidates for the Naismith Award.
Three teams have two players nominated: Indiana (Cody Zeller, Victor Oladipo), Kansas (Ben McLemore, Jeff Withey) and Duke (Seth Curry, Mason Plumlee).
Here are the top 30:
There are no blatant snubs here. Remember, this list is for National Player of the Year. There are maybe, at most, ten guys on this list that have a shot at the award, and ten is probably way too high.
Personally, my vote is still for Trey Burke, with Oladipo, Otto Porter, Kelly Olynyk and Marcus Smart chasing him.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)