Feb 27, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
According to a report from the Sporting News, adidas will be decking out some of the teams that they sponsor is new, short-sleeved jerseys during the NCAA tournament.
Adidas would not specify which schools would be wearing the new jerseys, but they did confirm that some would look like the new jerseys that the apparel company outfitted the Golden State Warriors with earlier this month.
There is also some speculation — based on a series cryptic pictures tweeted out by Adidas — that the jerseys could end up looking like these camouflaged McDonald’s All-American uniforms.
So who will be wearing these jerseys? According to the report, Louisville has been informed that they will be wearing the new uniforms. Michigan and NC State will not be, and Indiana officials said that they had not been contacted yet.
But on the adidas twitter feed, teasers for UCLA, Baylor, Notre Dame and Cincinnati were posted, in addition to Louisville.
What are your thoughts?
Do you like the new jerseys?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)