Feb 27, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
According to a report from the Sporting News, adidas will be decking out some of the teams that they sponsor is new, short-sleeved jerseys during the NCAA tournament.
Adidas would not specify which schools would be wearing the new jerseys, but they did confirm that some would look like the new jerseys that the apparel company outfitted the Golden State Warriors with earlier this month.
There is also some speculation — based on a series cryptic pictures tweeted out by Adidas — that the jerseys could end up looking like these camouflaged McDonald’s All-American uniforms.
So who will be wearing these jerseys? According to the report, Louisville has been informed that they will be wearing the new uniforms. Michigan and NC State will not be, and Indiana officials said that they had not been contacted yet.
But on the adidas twitter feed, teasers for UCLA, Baylor, Notre Dame and Cincinnati were posted, in addition to Louisville.
What are your thoughts?
Do you like the new jerseys?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)