Feb 27, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
According to a report from the Sporting News, adidas will be decking out some of the teams that they sponsor is new, short-sleeved jerseys during the NCAA tournament.
Adidas would not specify which schools would be wearing the new jerseys, but they did confirm that some would look like the new jerseys that the apparel company outfitted the Golden State Warriors with earlier this month.
There is also some speculation — based on a series cryptic pictures tweeted out by Adidas — that the jerseys could end up looking like these camouflaged McDonald’s All-American uniforms.
So who will be wearing these jerseys? According to the report, Louisville has been informed that they will be wearing the new uniforms. Michigan and NC State will not be, and Indiana officials said that they had not been contacted yet.
But on the adidas twitter feed, teasers for UCLA, Baylor, Notre Dame and Cincinnati were posted, in addition to Louisville.
What are your thoughts?
Do you like the new jerseys?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 0
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 3
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)