Feb 27, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
According to a report from the Sporting News, adidas will be decking out some of the teams that they sponsor is new, short-sleeved jerseys during the NCAA tournament.
Adidas would not specify which schools would be wearing the new jerseys, but they did confirm that some would look like the new jerseys that the apparel company outfitted the Golden State Warriors with earlier this month.
There is also some speculation — based on a series cryptic pictures tweeted out by Adidas — that the jerseys could end up looking like these camouflaged McDonald’s All-American uniforms.
So who will be wearing these jerseys? According to the report, Louisville has been informed that they will be wearing the new uniforms. Michigan and NC State will not be, and Indiana officials said that they had not been contacted yet.
But on the adidas twitter feed, teasers for UCLA, Baylor, Notre Dame and Cincinnati were posted, in addition to Louisville.
What are your thoughts?
Do you like the new jerseys?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)