Feb 27, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
According to a report from the Sporting News, adidas will be decking out some of the teams that they sponsor is new, short-sleeved jerseys during the NCAA tournament.
Adidas would not specify which schools would be wearing the new jerseys, but they did confirm that some would look like the new jerseys that the apparel company outfitted the Golden State Warriors with earlier this month.
There is also some speculation — based on a series cryptic pictures tweeted out by Adidas — that the jerseys could end up looking like these camouflaged McDonald’s All-American uniforms.
So who will be wearing these jerseys? According to the report, Louisville has been informed that they will be wearing the new uniforms. Michigan and NC State will not be, and Indiana officials said that they had not been contacted yet.
But on the adidas twitter feed, teasers for UCLA, Baylor, Notre Dame and Cincinnati were posted, in addition to Louisville.
What are your thoughts?
Do you like the new jerseys?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)