Feb 28, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
Florida got some great news on Thursday: everyone’s healthy and cleared to practice!
Will Yeguete, who missed the last six games with a knee injury he suffered in Florida’s loss at Arkansas, had surgery to remove bits of cartilage floating in his knee. The 6-foot-7 forward is an invaluable piece to Florida’s defense, a versatile glue-guy that hits the glass and plays the point in Florida’s press.
Michael Frazier, who is Florida’s best three-point shooter and the SEC’s leader from beyond the arc in conference games, suffered a concussion last Saturday, which forced him to miss Tuesday’s loss at Tennessee.
Perhaps the scariest incident was Casey Prather’s. The athletic, 6-foot-6 swingman has dealt with all kinds of injuries this season, including a sprained ankle that cost him five SEC games and a pair of concussions that held him out of the first five games of the season. On Tuesday, he went face first into Mike Rosario’s shoulder, which opened up a faucet above his left eye and was yet another blow to the head, never a good thing for a kid dealing with concussion problems.
But they all appear as if they’re now good to go.
They’re cleared for full-contact practice and, hopefully, will be on the floor on Saturday when Florida takes on Alabama at home.
That’s important for the Gators seeing as, in the past couple of weeks, concerns have popped up about this team. But those concerns were the result of a roster that was not complete; the Gators were simply punishing teams when healthy.
Can they get back to that level?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)