Feb 28, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
Florida got some great news on Thursday: everyone’s healthy and cleared to practice!
Will Yeguete, who missed the last six games with a knee injury he suffered in Florida’s loss at Arkansas, had surgery to remove bits of cartilage floating in his knee. The 6-foot-7 forward is an invaluable piece to Florida’s defense, a versatile glue-guy that hits the glass and plays the point in Florida’s press.
Michael Frazier, who is Florida’s best three-point shooter and the SEC’s leader from beyond the arc in conference games, suffered a concussion last Saturday, which forced him to miss Tuesday’s loss at Tennessee.
Perhaps the scariest incident was Casey Prather’s. The athletic, 6-foot-6 swingman has dealt with all kinds of injuries this season, including a sprained ankle that cost him five SEC games and a pair of concussions that held him out of the first five games of the season. On Tuesday, he went face first into Mike Rosario’s shoulder, which opened up a faucet above his left eye and was yet another blow to the head, never a good thing for a kid dealing with concussion problems.
But they all appear as if they’re now good to go.
They’re cleared for full-contact practice and, hopefully, will be on the floor on Saturday when Florida takes on Alabama at home.
That’s important for the Gators seeing as, in the past couple of weeks, concerns have popped up about this team. But those concerns were the result of a roster that was not complete; the Gators were simply punishing teams when healthy.
Can they get back to that level?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Aug 20, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Kentucky made the decision not to allow one of their stars to head to Spain for two weeks while they’re supposed to be in class.
Aug 20, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Think Jayhawk fans remember the name Ali Farokhmanesh?
Aug 20, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
This took a while to plan.
Aug 20, 2014, 12:07 PM EDT
The Tigers have zero minutes of experience in their back court.
Aug 20, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Indiana now has six commitments in the Class of 2014.
Aug 20, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
Kampe over came his fear of heights but still got hit with ice water.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Memphis was 2-2 in Canada.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Ray Kasongo was denied admission from Oregon on July 30, reopening his recruitment.
Aug 19, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
This new court design is interesting to say the least.
Aug 19, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Take a look at what tournaments the Shockers will appear in over the next few years.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
Jimmy Whitt is ranked just outside the top 50 in the Class of 2015.
Aug 19, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Stephen Zimmerman averaged 17.5 points, 11.5 boards and 2.2 blocks per game in four games at the Nike Global Challenge.
Aug 19, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Nicholls State may have a large, orange-clad fan base these days.
Aug 19, 2014, 3:04 PM EDT
It’s how they played through their six games in the Bahamas.
Aug 19, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Shaka Smart brings in a perfect piece and that was a priority recruit.
Aug 19, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
It looks like everyone had a great time.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
Jason Holmes is a pro athlete in a sport he never heard of.
Aug 19, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
Will these ever end?
Aug 18, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Christian James is one of the better dunkers in the 2015 class.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
A former Vanderbilt player is hoping to release a book discussing the dirtier side of college basketball.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)