Feb 28, 2013, 1:30 AM EST
Wednesday provided a fun night of hoops.
Some of us will view Wednesday night as just another reason why this has been the most entertaining season in recent memory, and others will view it as another example of why college basketball is in a bad place.
This is what I have to say to those of you who think college basketball is in a bad place, that nobody wants to watch low-scoring rock fights marred with officiating blunders.
Did you see that? Quick. Go watch it again. I’ll wait. Now did you see that? Watch it again, one more time.
This dunk really says all there is to say about college hoops this season. In just one quick first-half turnover during a pretty meaningless Big East contest, the entire college basketball season can be summed up in one single play.
DePaul. Blown call. OH…MY…GAWD
Is the game ugly at times? Yes. Does the game seem bogged down by bad refereeing at times? Yes. And does Chane Behanan actually think he can…OH…MY…GAWD.
So you can have your endless highlights of the NFL Combine and Skip Bayless’ commentary on Dwayne Wade’s new self-appointed nickname. But when March rolls around, don’t start lapping it up like you’ve been here all season. Because you weren’t.
This dunk is a tribute.
A tribute to the loyal college basketball fans that will trudge through weeknight DePaul games, constant officiating miscues and ugly box scores.
Sure, we had to sacrifice Worell Clahar for the greater good, but it’s DePaul, so I’m kinda okay with that.
(Photo via Card Chronicle)
You can contact Troy Machir via Twitter at @TroyMachir
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)