Wisconsin forward Ryan Evans questionable for Sunday against Purdue after suffering right knee injury
Mar 1, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Wisconsin is rolling, winning three-straight, heading into the start of March, fighting for the top spot in the Big Ten trailing Indiana by a game.
A big part of that success has been the play of senior forward Ryan Evans, who left practice Thursday with a right knee injury. Evan has now been ruled questionable for Sunday’s game against Purdue, according to multiple reports. Sunday’s game also happens to be Senior Night.
Sam Dekker, who will likely replace Evans in the starting lineup if the 6-foo-6 senior is unavailable, believes Evan’s wont’ miss a chance to be on the floor for his final game at the Kohl Center.
“Ryan is a competitor,” Dekker told reporters on Friday. “He is going to be out there. It is senior night. I don’t have any doubt that he is going to be out there playing.
“He is the type of guy who is not going to miss games. He takes a lot of pride in his play.”
Evans is averaging 10.5 points — third on the team — and a team high 7.6 rebounds per game. Wisconsin and Michigan State are in a tie for second-place in conference standings with three games to play. The Badgers lost, at home, to the Spartans on Jan. 22, but get a chance to earn a critical late-season win against MSU on Mar. 7 in East Lansing.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that Evans would not participate in Friday’s practice.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)