Wisconsin forward Ryan Evans questionable for Sunday against Purdue after suffering right knee injury
Mar 1, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
Wisconsin is rolling, winning three-straight, heading into the start of March, fighting for the top spot in the Big Ten trailing Indiana by a game.
A big part of that success has been the play of senior forward Ryan Evans, who left practice Thursday with a right knee injury. Evan has now been ruled questionable for Sunday’s game against Purdue, according to multiple reports. Sunday’s game also happens to be Senior Night.
Sam Dekker, who will likely replace Evans in the starting lineup if the 6-foo-6 senior is unavailable, believes Evan’s wont’ miss a chance to be on the floor for his final game at the Kohl Center.
“Ryan is a competitor,” Dekker told reporters on Friday. “He is going to be out there. It is senior night. I don’t have any doubt that he is going to be out there playing.
“He is the type of guy who is not going to miss games. He takes a lot of pride in his play.”
Evans is averaging 10.5 points — third on the team — and a team high 7.6 rebounds per game. Wisconsin and Michigan State are in a tie for second-place in conference standings with three games to play. The Badgers lost, at home, to the Spartans on Jan. 22, but get a chance to earn a critical late-season win against MSU on Mar. 7 in East Lansing.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that Evans would not participate in Friday’s practice.
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)