Wisconsin forward Ryan Evans questionable for Sunday against Purdue after suffering right knee injury
Mar 1, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
Wisconsin is rolling, winning three-straight, heading into the start of March, fighting for the top spot in the Big Ten trailing Indiana by a game.
A big part of that success has been the play of senior forward Ryan Evans, who left practice Thursday with a right knee injury. Evan has now been ruled questionable for Sunday’s game against Purdue, according to multiple reports. Sunday’s game also happens to be Senior Night.
Sam Dekker, who will likely replace Evans in the starting lineup if the 6-foo-6 senior is unavailable, believes Evan’s wont’ miss a chance to be on the floor for his final game at the Kohl Center.
“Ryan is a competitor,” Dekker told reporters on Friday. “He is going to be out there. It is senior night. I don’t have any doubt that he is going to be out there playing.
“He is the type of guy who is not going to miss games. He takes a lot of pride in his play.”
Evans is averaging 10.5 points — third on the team — and a team high 7.6 rebounds per game. Wisconsin and Michigan State are in a tie for second-place in conference standings with three games to play. The Badgers lost, at home, to the Spartans on Jan. 22, but get a chance to earn a critical late-season win against MSU on Mar. 7 in East Lansing.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that Evans would not participate in Friday’s practice.
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)