Mar 2, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
The whispers became rumors became reportable facts:
Official: Ryan Kelly is playing for #Duke
— Laura Keeley (@laurakeeley) March 2, 2013
When the Duke beat reporter for the News Observer tweets it, it’s got to be true.
Ryan Kelly will suit up and see floor time for Duke as they take on ACC leader Miami at 6:00 pm tonight. That’s huge news for the Blue Devils, who looked unbeatable when Kelly was in the lineup, and seemed to miss his floor-stretching shooting most of all in a tough loss to Virginia this week. Kelly suited up for the trip to Charlottesville, but never entered the game, prompting feverish speculation that he was nearly ready to return from an injury that has held him out of the Duke lineup since January 5.
Kelly’s return is hardly the only big news for Duke fans tonight. To add icing to the cake, the NCAA is unveiling some paintings honoring Coach K and his various championship teams during the game tonight as well. The paintings, created by the unintentionally hilariously-named Opie Otterstad, will be unveiled during the pre-game festivities, put on display in the Cameron corridors during the second half and promptly auctioned off online, according to the Duke Athletics website.
Ryan Kelly, Cameron Indoor and fine art? That’s one heck of a day in Durham.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)