Mar 2, 2013, 5:41 PM EST
The whispers became rumors became reportable facts:
Official: Ryan Kelly is playing for #Duke
— Laura Keeley (@laurakeeley) March 2, 2013
When the Duke beat reporter for the News Observer tweets it, it’s got to be true.
Ryan Kelly will suit up and see floor time for Duke as they take on ACC leader Miami at 6:00 pm tonight. That’s huge news for the Blue Devils, who looked unbeatable when Kelly was in the lineup, and seemed to miss his floor-stretching shooting most of all in a tough loss to Virginia this week. Kelly suited up for the trip to Charlottesville, but never entered the game, prompting feverish speculation that he was nearly ready to return from an injury that has held him out of the Duke lineup since January 5.
Kelly’s return is hardly the only big news for Duke fans tonight. To add icing to the cake, the NCAA is unveiling some paintings honoring Coach K and his various championship teams during the game tonight as well. The paintings, created by the unintentionally hilariously-named Opie Otterstad, will be unveiled during the pre-game festivities, put on display in the Cameron corridors during the second half and promptly auctioned off online, according to the Duke Athletics website.
Ryan Kelly, Cameron Indoor and fine art? That’s one heck of a day in Durham.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)