Mar 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
On Wednesday, USC Aiken defeated Augusta State 56-50, but much of the entertainment came from halftime.
Senior Zach Herron connected on a half court shot, winning a Chevy Cruze during the halftime promotion.
Herron, who was picked at random, graduates in May and was planning on taking a mission to Daytona Beach, Fla., according to WJBF. The car now assures he will be able to make the trip.
“With this new vehicle win, I’ll now be able to fulfill my plan to go on this mission’s trip and work in the Church College Ministry because I have reliable transportation and I won’t have to put forth any more money for car repair expenses.”, Herron said.
The video is courtesy of NBC26.
Photo courtesy of USCA.edu
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)