Mar 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
On Wednesday, USC Aiken defeated Augusta State 56-50, but much of the entertainment came from halftime.
Senior Zach Herron connected on a half court shot, winning a Chevy Cruze during the halftime promotion.
Herron, who was picked at random, graduates in May and was planning on taking a mission to Daytona Beach, Fla., according to WJBF. The car now assures he will be able to make the trip.
“With this new vehicle win, I’ll now be able to fulfill my plan to go on this mission’s trip and work in the Church College Ministry because I have reliable transportation and I won’t have to put forth any more money for car repair expenses.”, Herron said.
The video is courtesy of NBC26.
Photo courtesy of USCA.edu
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)