Mar 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
On Wednesday, USC Aiken defeated Augusta State 56-50, but much of the entertainment came from halftime.
Senior Zach Herron connected on a half court shot, winning a Chevy Cruze during the halftime promotion.
Herron, who was picked at random, graduates in May and was planning on taking a mission to Daytona Beach, Fla., according to WJBF. The car now assures he will be able to make the trip.
“With this new vehicle win, I’ll now be able to fulfill my plan to go on this mission’s trip and work in the Church College Ministry because I have reliable transportation and I won’t have to put forth any more money for car repair expenses.”, Herron said.
The video is courtesy of NBC26.
Photo courtesy of USCA.edu
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Ron Baker was the best college player for Team USA at Pan-Am Games (2)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)