Mar 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
On Wednesday, USC Aiken defeated Augusta State 56-50, but much of the entertainment came from halftime.
Senior Zach Herron connected on a half court shot, winning a Chevy Cruze during the halftime promotion.
Herron, who was picked at random, graduates in May and was planning on taking a mission to Daytona Beach, Fla., according to WJBF. The car now assures he will be able to make the trip.
“With this new vehicle win, I’ll now be able to fulfill my plan to go on this mission’s trip and work in the Church College Ministry because I have reliable transportation and I won’t have to put forth any more money for car repair expenses.”, Herron said.
The video is courtesy of NBC26.
Photo courtesy of USCA.edu
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (15)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)