Mar 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
On Wednesday, USC Aiken defeated Augusta State 56-50, but much of the entertainment came from halftime.
Senior Zach Herron connected on a half court shot, winning a Chevy Cruze during the halftime promotion.
Herron, who was picked at random, graduates in May and was planning on taking a mission to Daytona Beach, Fla., according to WJBF. The car now assures he will be able to make the trip.
“With this new vehicle win, I’ll now be able to fulfill my plan to go on this mission’s trip and work in the Church College Ministry because I have reliable transportation and I won’t have to put forth any more money for car repair expenses.”, Herron said.
The video is courtesy of NBC26.
Photo courtesy of USCA.edu
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 2
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him