Mar 2, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
The Delaware Blue Hens – chosen to be the CAA’s number two team in the preseason – ended up with the number two seed in the CAA’s postseason tourney after beating George Mason 82-77 today. League leader Northeastern lost to Old Dominion to end the season, but Delaware remained one game back, tied with the record-setting Towson Tigers. The Tigers are ineligible for postseason play due to APR issues, so the Hens get the seed outright.
Delaware got huge games from backcourt mates Jarvis Threatt (20 points) and Devon Saddler (22). Forward Jamelle Hagins had the best all-around stat line with 13 points, 14 boards and four blocks. It’s the kind of balanced scoring that will give the Blue Hens an excellent chance at the CAA’s automatic bid to the Big Dance.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)