Mar 2, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
The Delaware Blue Hens – chosen to be the CAA’s number two team in the preseason – ended up with the number two seed in the CAA’s postseason tourney after beating George Mason 82-77 today. League leader Northeastern lost to Old Dominion to end the season, but Delaware remained one game back, tied with the record-setting Towson Tigers. The Tigers are ineligible for postseason play due to APR issues, so the Hens get the seed outright.
Delaware got huge games from backcourt mates Jarvis Threatt (20 points) and Devon Saddler (22). Forward Jamelle Hagins had the best all-around stat line with 13 points, 14 boards and four blocks. It’s the kind of balanced scoring that will give the Blue Hens an excellent chance at the CAA’s automatic bid to the Big Dance.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)