Mar 2, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
The Delaware Blue Hens – chosen to be the CAA’s number two team in the preseason – ended up with the number two seed in the CAA’s postseason tourney after beating George Mason 82-77 today. League leader Northeastern lost to Old Dominion to end the season, but Delaware remained one game back, tied with the record-setting Towson Tigers. The Tigers are ineligible for postseason play due to APR issues, so the Hens get the seed outright.
Delaware got huge games from backcourt mates Jarvis Threatt (20 points) and Devon Saddler (22). Forward Jamelle Hagins had the best all-around stat line with 13 points, 14 boards and four blocks. It’s the kind of balanced scoring that will give the Blue Hens an excellent chance at the CAA’s automatic bid to the Big Dance.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)