Mar 2, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
The Delaware Blue Hens – chosen to be the CAA’s number two team in the preseason – ended up with the number two seed in the CAA’s postseason tourney after beating George Mason 82-77 today. League leader Northeastern lost to Old Dominion to end the season, but Delaware remained one game back, tied with the record-setting Towson Tigers. The Tigers are ineligible for postseason play due to APR issues, so the Hens get the seed outright.
Delaware got huge games from backcourt mates Jarvis Threatt (20 points) and Devon Saddler (22). Forward Jamelle Hagins had the best all-around stat line with 13 points, 14 boards and four blocks. It’s the kind of balanced scoring that will give the Blue Hens an excellent chance at the CAA’s automatic bid to the Big Dance.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)