Mar 2, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
The Delaware Blue Hens – chosen to be the CAA’s number two team in the preseason – ended up with the number two seed in the CAA’s postseason tourney after beating George Mason 82-77 today. League leader Northeastern lost to Old Dominion to end the season, but Delaware remained one game back, tied with the record-setting Towson Tigers. The Tigers are ineligible for postseason play due to APR issues, so the Hens get the seed outright.
Delaware got huge games from backcourt mates Jarvis Threatt (20 points) and Devon Saddler (22). Forward Jamelle Hagins had the best all-around stat line with 13 points, 14 boards and four blocks. It’s the kind of balanced scoring that will give the Blue Hens an excellent chance at the CAA’s automatic bid to the Big Dance.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0