Mar 2, 2013, 11:03 PM EST
Every game counts in the Ivy League. There’s no post-season tournament to hand out the auto-bid, so the regular-season champ takes all the marbles. Harvard was leading a pretty close race with Princeton for a couple of weeks, after beating the Tigers at home on February 16. This weekend’s road trip did not go well, however.
The Crimson lost to Princeton on Friday night, then compounded their problems by going into the Palestra and dropping a second game, 75-72, to a Penn team that has lost 20 games already this season.
Harvard has two home games to finish out the regular season, but stand 1/2 game back from Princeton.
If you’ve never been to the Palestra, you owe it to yourself to check it out in this video. That, and the basketball.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)