Mar 2, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
UNLV, one of the most talented teams in the nation, fell behind in the tough Mountain West race because they couldn’t win on the road. This week, the Runnin’ Rebs reversed the trend, taking down Nevada 80-63 in Reno today, after beating Wyoming in their own gym on February 23.
The Rebels are on a four-game win streak, and finish their season with two games at the Thomas and Mack Center, where they have suffered only one loss this season – to Oregon.
Anthony Bennett was ineffective, scoring just one point in 17 minutes of play. Bennett came off the bench as a result of a nagging shoulder injury, giving Mike Moser a chance to start.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)