Mar 2, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
UNLV, one of the most talented teams in the nation, fell behind in the tough Mountain West race because they couldn’t win on the road. This week, the Runnin’ Rebs reversed the trend, taking down Nevada 80-63 in Reno today, after beating Wyoming in their own gym on February 23.
The Rebels are on a four-game win streak, and finish their season with two games at the Thomas and Mack Center, where they have suffered only one loss this season – to Oregon.
Anthony Bennett was ineffective, scoring just one point in 17 minutes of play. Bennett came off the bench as a result of a nagging shoulder injury, giving Mike Moser a chance to start.
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Team 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (6)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (3)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)