Mar 2, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
UNLV, one of the most talented teams in the nation, fell behind in the tough Mountain West race because they couldn’t win on the road. This week, the Runnin’ Rebs reversed the trend, taking down Nevada 80-63 in Reno today, after beating Wyoming in their own gym on February 23.
The Rebels are on a four-game win streak, and finish their season with two games at the Thomas and Mack Center, where they have suffered only one loss this season – to Oregon.
Anthony Bennett was ineffective, scoring just one point in 17 minutes of play. Bennett came off the bench as a result of a nagging shoulder injury, giving Mike Moser a chance to start.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 1
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 3
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 3
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 10
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)