Mar 4, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Game of the Night: Cincinnati at No. 8 Louisville (7:00 p.m. ET, ESPN)
The Bearcats finally snapped a stretch of five losses in six games on Saturday afternoon, as they knocked off a depleted UConn team at home. The game was much closer than it probably should have been given the fact that the Huskies were playing without their star point guard Shabazz Napier, which means that while the Bearcats got a needed boost to their resume and their confidence, it doesn’t exactly change the fact that they have struggled since Cashmere Wright injured his knee.
Cincinnati cannot score the basketball right now. They don’t have anyone inside to dump the ball off to, which creates a problem since Sean Kilpatrick is really the only healthy perimeter player that can be trusted to score, and even he is better playing off the ball. Without Wright available to make things easier for his teammates with his ability to create off the dribble, the Bearcats stagnate. That’s not a good thing heading into a game against one of the toughest defenses in the country on the road.
Something to watch for: Russ Smith’s efficiency. He’s been much more selective in the shots that he’s taken over the last month or so. It’s shown; Louisville has won eight of their last nine games.
Mid-Major Matchup of the Night: Montana at Southern Utah (9:05 p.m. ET)
This isn’t exactly a great basketball game, but it is one that could tell us a lot about the Grizzlies moving forward. They are playing without Mathias Ward and Will Cherry right now, and it’s unknown exactly when those two will be back. They just so happen to be Montana’s leading scorer and most talented player. The Grizzlies struggled to a 71-68 win over Montana State on Saturday.
1) Baylor visits Texas in what might be the least interesting Big 12 Big Monday game in the history of Big Monday. (9:00 p.m. ET, ESPN)
2) No. 4 Kansas hosts Texas Tech in another game that the Jayhawks should win in a route. Let’s see if the new Elijah Johnson hangs around for another game. (7:00 p.m. ET, ESPN)
3) Norfolk State puts their 14-0 record in the MEAC on the line against Florida A&M. (8:00 p.m. ET)
4) The team chasing NSU, North Carolina Central, is 13-1 in the MEAC and they’ll be hosting South Carolina State tonight. (7:30 p.m. ET)
5) The Following has a new episode tonight, which you should probably watch before catching up on Baylor-Texas on your DVR. (9:00 p.m. ET, FOX)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Sep 21, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
The Tigers, who won 25 games last season, landed their first commitment in the Class of 2015 Sunday night.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
With both Pierria Henry and Terrence Williams being seniors, Charlotte needed to add a perimeter player in 2015.
Sep 21, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
URI head coach Dan Hurley landed his second 2015 commitment Sunday evening.
Sep 21, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Danny Manning finally has his first 2015 commitment and the player’s a very important one with regard to the future of the program.
Sep 21, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
The Vikings have added some depth to their front court for the 2015-16 season.
Sep 21, 2014, 5:14 PM EDT
The Shockers won’t lack for capable leaders this season, and their newcomers have followed the lead of those veterans in the weight room.
Sep 21, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
A good read on Colorado State’s new senior transfer, Antwan Scott, overcoming family obstacles while still succeeding on the court.
Sep 21, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Washington State picked up a commitment from a 2015 forward on Sunday.
Sep 21, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
A former UC Irvine forward could make his NFL debut on Sunday with the Arizona Cardinals.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Wisconsin picked up a 2015 commitment on Sunday morning.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
LSU is on the board in the 2017 class.
Sep 21, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Five-star 2016 guard Kobi Simmons is electric.
Sep 20, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Three Mountain West programs and one Big Ten program among the schools on the Las Vegas native’s list.
Sep 20, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
The elite PG from New Jersey had his first in-person meeting with Kentucky head coach John Calipari on Thursday.
Sep 20, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
The South Charleston HS floor general was one of the state’s best players last season, and he could prep for a year before joining the WVU program.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
The son of a former national champion has made a name for himself by scoring 28 points per game as a junior.
Sep 20, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Mount St. Mary’s rewarded head coach Jamion Christian with an extension.
Sep 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Gonzaga has one of its deepest teams of all time and the Bulldogs are challenging themselves with a difficult non-conference schedule.
Sep 20, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Bradley forward Auston Barnes has been charged with misdemeanor domestic battery following an August arrest.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)