Mar 4, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
It seems like we get new video of ridiculous buzzer-beaters from the high school level on a daily basis now, but it’s not often that those buzzer-beaters a) win a New England Prep School title and b) come from a kid that’s got a chance to play basketball on TV one day.
That’s precisely what happened in the NEPSAC — New England Prep School Athletic Conference — title game.
Jalen Adams — a 6-foot-0 point guard in the Class of 2015 that currently holds offers to UConn and Providence, among others — takes the inbounds and banks in a deep three at the buzzer:
It’s a high school title, so at the end of the day, it doesn’t mean all that much.
But it certainly does to Adams and his teammates. Adams is in tears after hitting the shot.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)