Mar 4, 2013, 12:05 PM EST
It seems like we get new video of ridiculous buzzer-beaters from the high school level on a daily basis now, but it’s not often that those buzzer-beaters a) win a New England Prep School title and b) come from a kid that’s got a chance to play basketball on TV one day.
That’s precisely what happened in the NEPSAC — New England Prep School Athletic Conference — title game.
Jalen Adams — a 6-foot-0 point guard in the Class of 2015 that currently holds offers to UConn and Providence, among others — takes the inbounds and banks in a deep three at the buzzer:
It’s a high school title, so at the end of the day, it doesn’t mean all that much.
But it certainly does to Adams and his teammates. Adams is in tears after hitting the shot.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)