Mar 4, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Recently, Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch, along with the help of a few other peers from various media outlets, penned “The Ultimate College Basketball Broadcaster Draft”. Ten rounds with each of the four participants picking the teams that they would have as game broadcasters, analysts, sideline reporters, as well as in-studio hosts and analysts.
The list is impressive, with Gus Johnson going as the No. 1 pick (duh).
The full draft is one that makes total sense. I can’t argue with a single pick, really. I’d move a few up and down — Bill Walton is a solid second-rounder and I wouldn’t have Jeff Van Gundy anywhere near the top — but no one from a national perspective was left out.
Here’s my team, cut down for the sake of space and opinion.
Play-by-play: Gus Johnson
Analyst: Dan Dakich
Sideline Reporter: Doris Burke (She’s incredibly underrated.)
Host: Jim Nantz
Analyst: Bill Walton (yea, he can do this, too)
Analyst: Jay Bilas
Wild Card: Charles Barkley
What you y’all think?
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)