Mar 4, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
Recently, Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch, along with the help of a few other peers from various media outlets, penned “The Ultimate College Basketball Broadcaster Draft”. Ten rounds with each of the four participants picking the teams that they would have as game broadcasters, analysts, sideline reporters, as well as in-studio hosts and analysts.
The list is impressive, with Gus Johnson going as the No. 1 pick (duh).
The full draft is one that makes total sense. I can’t argue with a single pick, really. I’d move a few up and down — Bill Walton is a solid second-rounder and I wouldn’t have Jeff Van Gundy anywhere near the top — but no one from a national perspective was left out.
Here’s my team, cut down for the sake of space and opinion.
Play-by-play: Gus Johnson
Analyst: Dan Dakich
Sideline Reporter: Doris Burke (She’s incredibly underrated.)
Host: Jim Nantz
Analyst: Bill Walton (yea, he can do this, too)
Analyst: Jay Bilas
Wild Card: Charles Barkley
What you y’all think?
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)