Mar 4, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Recently, Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch, along with the help of a few other peers from various media outlets, penned “The Ultimate College Basketball Broadcaster Draft”. Ten rounds with each of the four participants picking the teams that they would have as game broadcasters, analysts, sideline reporters, as well as in-studio hosts and analysts.
The list is impressive, with Gus Johnson going as the No. 1 pick (duh).
The full draft is one that makes total sense. I can’t argue with a single pick, really. I’d move a few up and down — Bill Walton is a solid second-rounder and I wouldn’t have Jeff Van Gundy anywhere near the top — but no one from a national perspective was left out.
Here’s my team, cut down for the sake of space and opinion.
Play-by-play: Gus Johnson
Analyst: Dan Dakich
Sideline Reporter: Doris Burke (She’s incredibly underrated.)
Host: Jim Nantz
Analyst: Bill Walton (yea, he can do this, too)
Analyst: Jay Bilas
Wild Card: Charles Barkley
What you y’all think?
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0