Mar 4, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Recently, Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch, along with the help of a few other peers from various media outlets, penned “The Ultimate College Basketball Broadcaster Draft”. Ten rounds with each of the four participants picking the teams that they would have as game broadcasters, analysts, sideline reporters, as well as in-studio hosts and analysts.
The list is impressive, with Gus Johnson going as the No. 1 pick (duh).
The full draft is one that makes total sense. I can’t argue with a single pick, really. I’d move a few up and down — Bill Walton is a solid second-rounder and I wouldn’t have Jeff Van Gundy anywhere near the top — but no one from a national perspective was left out.
Here’s my team, cut down for the sake of space and opinion.
Play-by-play: Gus Johnson
Analyst: Dan Dakich
Sideline Reporter: Doris Burke (She’s incredibly underrated.)
Host: Jim Nantz
Analyst: Bill Walton (yea, he can do this, too)
Analyst: Jay Bilas
Wild Card: Charles Barkley
What you y’all think?
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)