Mar 4, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Recently, Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch, along with the help of a few other peers from various media outlets, penned “The Ultimate College Basketball Broadcaster Draft”. Ten rounds with each of the four participants picking the teams that they would have as game broadcasters, analysts, sideline reporters, as well as in-studio hosts and analysts.
The list is impressive, with Gus Johnson going as the No. 1 pick (duh).
The full draft is one that makes total sense. I can’t argue with a single pick, really. I’d move a few up and down — Bill Walton is a solid second-rounder and I wouldn’t have Jeff Van Gundy anywhere near the top — but no one from a national perspective was left out.
Here’s my team, cut down for the sake of space and opinion.
Play-by-play: Gus Johnson
Analyst: Dan Dakich
Sideline Reporter: Doris Burke (She’s incredibly underrated.)
Host: Jim Nantz
Analyst: Bill Walton (yea, he can do this, too)
Analyst: Jay Bilas
Wild Card: Charles Barkley
What you y’all think?
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)